Captors

Congratulations to foundthenlost! She won the character contest with her one-shot which she was too shy to publish, and emailed it to me. I’m trying to convince her to put it up on Wattpad! Till then, enjoy this chapter :-)

____________________________________________________________

“Hello? Hello?” I shouted into the darkness. Nothing answered me besides my own echo. Where was I?

I stood up blindly, waving my arms around to feel for possible obstacles. I gingerly took a few steps forward, and my outstretched hands touched something hard and cold- like metal. Gripping the metal pole, I ran my hands to the left of me, feeling more and more metal poles. I was in a cage.

“Is anyone here?” I yelled.

”Lumos” someone muttered. As the person’s wand flickered, revealing some of my surroundings, I was yanked against the cage bars, the person holding me by my shirt.

“Look what we got here. Little girly who just happened to be snooping around the Marvolo shack, eh?” A gruff voice shouted at me, spitting all over my face. He was an older man, maybe in his mid-forties. He was a burly man, with dark hair coming just above his shoulders. He had a long, pale, twisted face with crazed eyes, like a wolf coming across its prey after weeks of starvation. What stuck out the most to me was the huge tattoo on his arm- the Dark Mark.

I gasped, but didn’t say anything.

“Let’s see…” The man muttered, letting go of my shirt and walking away.

Shocked, I crawled to the other side of the cage and into a corner.

“Well you’re the only one I see on this list with white hair so it’s an easy match, no?” The man was now holding a clipboard, flipping through papers. As he flipped, I could see the papers had pictures of people on them, their name and blood-status. The scariest part was some had ‘TERMINATED’ written on them, while others had ‘CAPTURE’, ‘KILL’, ‘TRAITOR’, and other terms like that. Even worse was I knew most of those people- almost all of the Weasley’s, Harry, that bushy-haired girl (if I’m not mistaken her name was Hermione) and various teachers from Hogwarts.

“Ah, here you are. Dumbledore’s granddaughter. How interesting…” He said.

I just stared at him from across my cell.

“It says here you are to be ‘captured’ not ‘killed’. How boring, not that I still can’t have fun with you until someone else comes to look at you…”

Nervously I started to shake, scared of what he plans to do with me.

“Are you a squib? There wasn’t a wand on you when we found yah…” He muttered.

I nodded; I couldn’t have this man find out about my… instability.

“Oi, Tara! Get over here.” He shouted to the darkness behind him. I could hear the shuffling of feet, and then a girl appeared next to him. She was much, much younger than him (perhaps his daughter?) and seemed rather unhappy.