Headaches and Horcruxes

A few weeks later I found myself back at the Burrow. Ginny, Ron, and their friends Hermione and Harry had left for Hogwarts. I wish I could’ve had the chance to attend Hogwarts. Fred gave me a tour of it and the school was better than I could have ever imagined. To be able to call Hogwarts your home? I think that’s special. Anyways, I found myself de-gnoming the garden with Fred and George. Mrs. Weasley had asked us to do that while she cleaned the inside of the house. In order to get rid of the gnomes, one must grab it and twirl it around until it’s dizzy, then throw it out of the yard. Somehow they always manage to come back though.

“S-So I just grab it?” I asked.                                                          

Fred, who was currently tossing one over the large hedge answered, “Yeah. Then swing it around till it’s dizzy and throw it out. Don’t worry; it doesn’t hurt them or anything.”

Many more gnomes had come out of their holes to see what the commotion was. Gnomes were well, ugly. They reminded me of a potato with arms, legs, and a stick.

So, where do I grab it? Not the head; maybe the arm, or leg?  I looked over at the twins to see them tossing a gnome back and forth to each other, laughing. I smiled, they were so cute.

I took a step towards one of the gnomes, and he noticed me and took a step back. Great. I began running towards him… or her. They ran away, laughing. I started chasing the little bugger all over the garden, and he/her just kept running away! Gah, it’s like the stupid gnome likes being chased! Stupid thing is pissing me off. I started running harder at the gnome, and I came close and closer to it. Finally with a dive, I caught it! I really caught it! I jumped from the ground and cheered. Hearing snickers from behind me, I turned to see George and Fred laugh at me. Trying to hold onto whatever pride I had left, and dusted myself off and went to spin it around to make the gnome dizzy, when the little thing bit me!

Ow!

I dropped the little bugger, and looked at my finger. It broke skin, the stupid little thing.

As I nursed my finger, Fred came over (smirking of course) and said, “Love, why don’t you just go wait inside? Georgie and I will take care of the gnomes.”

Grumbling, I nodded and walked back inside.

“Mrs. Weasley?” I shouted, “Do you need me to help you with anything?”

I heard some shuffling, then “Actually deary, could you give me a hand in Fred and George’s room?”

I walked up the stairs, and into their room to see Mrs. Weasley standing in a mess of Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes products.

“I was trying to sort it out, and maybe make this room bearable but some of these blasted products keep going off on me…” She starts saying.

“Mrs. Weasley, I’ll take care of it. I know all of these products so I’ll put them back into their boxes and clean everything up a little.”