London's Fog Makes Everything Look Grey

Check out this girl's story! It's fantastic, it's called Leather Kisses :)

_______________________________________________________________________

Two weeks later I found myself sitting at a picnic table, banging my head on it.

“Why- can’t- we- just- find- the- damned- horcrux!” I shouted in between hitting my head.

Fred chuckled and replied, “Love, is that head-banging helping at all? Don’t actions like that actually make you stupider? I swear Ron used to do that as a kid, and look where that got him.”

Glaring at Fred, I sat up from the table.

We were in the Forest of Dean- Fred suggested it after we had left Hogsmeade and stayed a few nights in the outskirts of Little Hangleton. His friend Lee Jordan had told him stories of camping here with his family.

It was getting quite cold- now we were in mid-November. The trees in the forest had lost their leaves, leaving the ground colored with brown, yellow, and red hues. A few days ago Fred and I had to step out into town and purchase extra sweaters. It was quite funny buying from a Muggle shop because Fred had no idea of the currency and all I had was American money. As it turns out we had to travel a few miles (though we just Apparated) to the nearest airport to exchange my cash. My three hundred dollars quickly became two hundred eight point fifty-four Euros.

We then purchased some sweaters, and Fred bought a well, extremely hideous hat. I’m not sure even how to describe it. It’s long, and flaps over his shoulder. It has multiple colors- reds, ivories, yellows, blues, greens etc. It has a strange bird sowed into it that reminds me of Native Americans. Ever since buying it, Fred has not taken the hat off. He says it keeps his brain warm and one of us has to be the smart one. He keeps teasing me that I am the ultimate blonde with my white hair, and that because I don’t have a hat like his my brain will freeze and die, leaving me to become a vegetable. I’ve just taken to smacking him repeatedly.

We have gotten absolutely no where in our horcrux expedition, which thus leaves me getting extremely frustrated and banging my head.

Here is what we know:

-Merope and Tom Riddle Sr. are Voldemort’s parents

-Merope took the locket with her

-Tom left Merope, making Voldemort kill him later on

-Voldemort was raised in Wool’s Orphanage in London

Erm, that’s it.

I sat in the armchair opposite Fred and sighed.

“So love, what are we going to do?” Fred asked.

“Well, we can’t go Tom Riddle Senior’s home because I’m more than sure Death Eaters have been staying there. Voldemort would kill his father, and then take his house. We can’t exactly just show up at the orphanage, right? We could just use magic and Confund them, but I don’t know…” I trailed off.