№ 1

Sassy and new.

I stepped into the classroom, as I wandered my gaze around all those unfamiliar faces. I am welcomed by the dreary nude colors of the walls. I was late, which wasn't something new. Well, at least, not to me.

I was wearing a grey beenie over my black curly hair and a huge smirk was plastered on my face. My baby pink- colored hoodie and my black pants were flattering my curves.

After a few seconds, the teacher finally decided to aknowledge my presence and said without looking up to me,“May I help you ?”

The teacher was between her sixties, wearing a black mid-tight lenght skirt, with a old top on which colorfull flowers were designed. Her round glasses were obnoxiously falling down to the tip of her nose and she Would shove them up, from Time to time. Miss Walton's hair was white and short, styled very simply. She looked incredebly sweet but careless at the same time, as if She had suffered too much in this class.

All the attention was reported on me, “Yes. I was told this is my class. I'm new.”

She finally looked up, and a charming smile grew on her face,“ Oh, you must be Chloé Carpenter” she affirmed as she nodded, “I hope you read the rules. No beenie allowed in class” she said, nicely.

I mentally roll my eyes, knowing damn right that it was against the rules. I didn't want to have the teachers on my back that soon, so I did exactly like asked without bothering to return the smile.

As you know, my name is Chloé Carpenter.

And if there is something crucial you should know about me, it's that I don't give a shit about quite some stuff.

“You can sit next to Arizona” Miss Walton pointed at a seat next to a beautiful chocolate girl. Arizona had braids, was Pretty slim and was wearing a turtle neck that was the exact same color as my hoodie: baby pink.

I sat down next to her, she smiled and I returned a quick, dry, smile. I wasn't really the social type of person.

As the minutes were passing like hours, the teacher asked us to pair up so we could work on a exercice.

“If you're not going to be polite nor Say anything to me at least make sure to have friends, next time.” remarked Arizona, in a sassy tone.

I looked at her, surprised and she was smirking. She bursted into a fit of laughter and her laugh was quite contagious so I ended up laughing too.

I'll have to admit that I like sassy persons and that I'm very picky when it comes to choose friends.

“Sorry, I don't really like socializing”

“It's okay, I realized. Where are you from ?” she asked with only curiosity clear in her tone.

“A  isolated place, very far away, in France”

“ouhh, that's fancy”, squealed Arizona.

“France doesn't mean Paris. It's not that kind of fancy. But Europe in general is quite classy, I have to admit.”

“I'm from here and proud”

“Your name is gorgeous, tho”

“Oh, so now you decided to be Nice and all ? What got into the 'I don't like people' girl I just met a few seconds ago ?”

Petty much ? That makes two of us.

My thoughts were cut by the arrival of  a Boy.

I've seen handsome boys in my life, I can guarantee you that.. Some were not my age, others celebreties, a few complete strangers but this one  belonged to our class.

I could've mistook him for a greek god and Boy, maybe I was mentally over-reacting but it didn't mean that I didn't like what I saw.

As he simply stepped in the class, the whole atmosphere changed. It wasn't just his sweeping off good-looks,  meaning his green electric eyes and his slicked back blond-brownish hair that appealed me, no, something was making him utterly charming:

Only by seeing how he stepped in, I knew we had something in common. He was the simple definition of a bad Boy.

It wasn't a surprise for any of us when the teacher yelled on this boy for being late 'again'. He rolled his eyes without giving her as much attention as She gave him.

He was wearing a red hoodie with some black shorts and a pair of old shoes.

My mind was already screaming innapropriate things that I would prefer to keep to myself.

“Carl, look at me when I'm talking to you.”

Carl was his name. Interesting. After a discussion between the two, and a few sighs here and there, Carl finally decided to apologize.

He went towards the back of the class and took a seat, between a mixed girl and a tall brown-haired boy.

I mentally groaned as he kissed her lips and I directly reported my attention to the excercices.

A few minutes later, we heard the teacher yell, “Carl ! Stop putting your feet on your desk !”

“Or what ?”

  This Carl really wanted to get expelled.

Things started to get nasty when Carl did the most annoying thing someone could ever do.

Even if it was in order to annoy the teacher, that wasn't necessary.

He farted.

And it's wasn't one of those subtle farts, of course not, It was one of these that smelled so bad you could throw up after a few seconds.

Let me break it down to you, in case you don't realize what's happening: Carl farted in order to annoy the teacher. He thought it was cool and started fist bumming his friends.

May I add, that all the boys laughed and seemed to think that he was lit.

And since I'm stubborn and full of sass, I Said, “Do you think you're cool or something ? You may not be used to live in a society like I see but you could at least try to not act like a porc everywhere you go.”

Everyone, and when I Say everyone I mean everyone, stayed silent. Carl's head snapped directly towards my direction, shooting me a disgusted glare. He wasn't the king here and I wasn't Afraid to talk back to him, matter fact, I would be about  ruling this school sooner or later.

“Who the fuck are you anyway ?” He questioned.

“Chloe. Chloe Carpenter.”

Every single person was silent and I knew that we were all especting Carl to Burst out and yell or to roast me or to simply be beyond angry.

Instead of doing that, he laughed lightly, shaking his head, “ Who do you think you are ? You're no one”

“I-” I got cut by the Bell and as if nothing happened, everyone ran towards the door, shoving their stuff in their bags.

This school year's about to be interesting...