№9

Harsh reality

"Leave me alone" I groaned, hiding under my sheets, even if I completely wanted the contrary. I wanted them to stay and to never leave. I wanted to push the sheets away and take a good look at my friends. Cameron and Jake were there, in my room, trying to get me out of my bed.

"Chloe, you can't stay your whole life in bed." I felt firm hands against my back, shaking me softly.

"I can try." I muttered.

"You'll fail your whole semester if you miss too many classes." Jake pointed out but I wanted to stand my ground. I couldn't take Carl's chaos anymore. He really wasn't kidding when he said he'd ruin me.

I shrieked as I felt my whole body lift up,"Let me down" I looked up to my favorite pair of blue eyes and I felt myself getting numb. I took him in my arms and I could feel him being taken aback.

"And I don't get a hug ?" questioned Cam and as I saw his familiar face I jumped down and hastily ran towards him, to hug him.

I, then, walked back to the bed,"I missed you guys. I really did but I can't go back to school after this."

Both of them groaned, they probably thought they succeeded in making me go back to school,"I know you haven't been the same ever since Carl saw our prank. He's been awful to you. Don't you think it's time to fight back ?"

"You're Chloe Carpenter. Are you seriously going to let Carl win this ?" added Jake.

"Gladly! I can't take it anymore.. I'm tired of fighting back! I can't keep doing this during for two years, I'm more then exhausted! I am able to fight back, my imagination is more than filled with ideas to ruin his life but If I end up feeling bad for him or having to ruin someone's life repeatedly while he ruins mine, is it even worth it ?" Both of them gazed at me then at each other. They seemed to have a conversation with their eyes only. Cameron spoke up, "Just get your ass up, what you need is a glo up." I looked up to them and saw evil smirks stuck on their faces.

Both of them kept fighting about what I'd wear, about how to curl my hair since they had no clue of how girls did these things. Cameron thought it would be cool if I wore two different earrings while Jake was telling him that it was stupid.

After an hour, my mom came in, wondering why I was in my room with two screaming boys. She walked in on us and as she saw that half of my hair was curled and the other was a mess, two different shoes by my feet and rings on all of my fingers, my mom frowned and walked away.

Usually I would've picked a fight with my mom for coming in but we're working things out ever since Arizona told me to respect her. I realized that it wasn't that bad. That I had to stop blaming her for the fact that my dad left. I had to stop blaming her for me not being able to make friends as a kid. For not having enough money before. Things were different now.

Even if the boys were terrible at making decisions, they ended doing a great job.

My long black hair was perfectly curled, I was wearing a tight black dress which was pretty simple with sandals. Very red lipstick on my lips, thin coats of mascara on my eyelashes, hoops by my ears..I looked way better than usually.

As the three of us, Cam and Jake by my sides, walked in the school.. Do I even have to tell you how it went ? I think you know. Everyone was watching us. We never ceased to surprise people. I'm more than blessed to have them.

I realized that everyone knew about Steve dating me for the bet. I tried to not think about it but I couldn't keep my calm as I saw Steve talking to another girl. Carl's ex. She was laughing in a obnoxious way at something he was saying. He turned around and as he saw me he took a step back, surprised.

"Chloe, I have to talk to you-"

"Why don't you talk with her ?"I spat back, gazing at this very familiar girl.

He seemed confused, "What ? I don't-"

"Leave her alone, Stevie" Cam snapped.

"It's Steve." he tried to walk with us.

"Stevie, Stephen, whatever, sounds the same to me. Sounds like the name of a pussy" Jake replied and I realized that they became as savage as me. Jake would never say something like that and he has nothing against that name, I believe he has an uncle called Stephen but he said that to insult my ex.

"What are you? Her bodyguards? Chloe I just want to talk to you, okay ? I'm sor-"

Both of them surrounded him and he finally let go. He gave me a last look than walked away, "Thank you" I breathed and they nodded.

Now I had to face Carl. And he was standing in front of his locker with his friends. They all stopped talking. All of them. That's when I knew that something was changing. I just knew it.

I made it through the entire day, without having anyone on my back. In a way, they all thought that I was back. I was back to my old self. But the truth was that I wasn't far from losing it. I knew that if something else happened to me, to my friends, I'd completely lose it. All I need is for this to keep going. People being silent, not trying to pick up on me or fight and I'll be able to really be myself. To be the Chloe Carpenter. Less than a week will be enough for me to recover.

I hear my phone buzz and I look down. Carl sent me a text.

Asshead: Hey..I know you probably won't believe me or any of the things I'll say but I have to tell you.

Asshead: I went too far. Steve does like you. I realized that I've been a real bitch to you. I messed up so hard. The thing is, ever since you came things became different and I was worried for my reputation. You worried me.

Me: Even if it was the truth, how do you expect me to believe anything you say ?

Asshead: the only thing I want you to believe is that I'm truly sorry.

Me: All I'm asking is for you to stop insulting me. I don't see the point of us fighting all the time

Asshead: there is probably something I should tell you. And I don't need you to believe it. Because in a way I know that you don't feel the same.

Me: ?

Asshead: I have feelings for you. You and I are so alike that our strong personalities make it hard for us to get along. But I know that if you were mine, we'd be pretty great. No more competition. Only lust.

Me: Carl, I don't know what to say. Why would you fight so much with me if you really did love me?

Carl: I didn't want it to be true. You don't have to believe me. But it's the truth.

I gasped and I never felt this feeling. As if I was riding down a rollercoaster. Damn it, even Steve never made me feel that way. I liked Carl since the beginning. His rude remarks that made me laugh, his laugh, his hypnotizing eyes. Everything about him was to love even if he did nothing but show me hatred. I doubted his feelings, maybe he was unsure of himself or simply horny because of the way I looked today but I wanted it to be true. I needed it to be the truth.

Me: Can we talk tomorow ?

Asshead: really? You believe me?

Me: I think yeah

Asshead: Wow, I never thought you would. How do you feel about me? I need to know

Me: I'm so confused, my feelings are mixed, I can't tell you now. Let's just talk tomorrow, okay?

Asshead: okay.
Asshead: one more thing
Asshead: how the fuck do you always fall in my traps
Asshead: I mean damn, the bet but now this?
Asshead: Did you really believe all of this because I knew you were pretty naïve but you're reaching a whole new level lmfao wow

I gasped as I looked down to my phone. I couldn't reply, I was frozen and before I could apprehend what was happening, tears were rolling down my cheeks and they wouldn't stop. I was crying for the first time after years, my heart broken in million pieces and it was all because of Carl fucking Gallagher.

********

JUST WAIT UP FOR NEXT CHAPTER, I BELIEVE YOU'LL LIKE IT A LOT. SORRY FOR ALL OF THIS DRAMA, ITS BEEN 9 CHAPTERS FULL OF HATRED AND PRANKS BUT JUST STAY TUNED