Chapter 9

Carrick's POV

I held onto her as we walked to my car. She was looking too good for me not to hold her.

I never, ever fell for someone as hard as I fell for her. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I opened the side door on the left for her, while Dace opened the side door for his girl on the right. Dace got into the passenger side and I sat behind the wheel.

"Wassap, thug!" Tammy said to Starr. We all decided to go on a date together. Me & Starr, Dace & homegirl, Quez & Tammy, and Eric & the girl he met at our last game.

Starr looked back wide-eyed, and smiled. "Wassap, holmes." She said, giving Tammy some dap. Dace introduced everyone.

"Laila and Starr, this Eric and his girl Tierra." He said pointing to them. Eric gave them the sup nod and Tierra waved. "And, this is Quez .. and um .. I think you already know Tammy." Dace said, with a chuckle.

Starr and Laila burst out into laughing. We all laughed too.

"Yeah, I know her. She cool people." Starr said.

----------

I pulled up at a parking spot at Dave & Busters. I already made a reservation for us.

We all had our own personal, two seat table, away from each other.

I held Starr's hand and pulled her seat for her to sit in.

"Thanks." She said, showing both dimples and her braces. Damn, her dimples and braces, mannn.

"Your welcome .. So, were you surprised when you found out I was taking you here?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I'm glad. I can't stand extremely fancy, expensive places. And, I love games." She replied.

The waitress came up to our table and gave us the menus.

"What would you like, sir?" She asked, winking and licking her lips at me.

I sighed and said, "Uh .. we're both getting the eat, play, and win combo. But, I wanna Philly Cheesestake with fries. What you want, ma?" I asked.

"I would like the Cajun Shrimp Alfredo." She said. The waitress rolled her eyes at her, and smiled at me.

"I'll be back with your orders in a couple." She said, and walked away.

"Hoes these days. They'll do anything for anybody." Starr mumbled, loud enough for me to hear.

"I feel yah .. I like how you just got a little jealous, tho." I said, bitting my bottom lip.

She giggled, and blushed, "Nigga, please."

"So, Starr. What's your full name?" I asked.

"You know the FBI looking for me. What's your job? You an undercover police or some?" She replied.

I laughed, "Naw, ma. Just curious."

"Starr Andreaa Martinez." She said.

My eyes bulged, but I made it unnoticable. This is Kai's sister. "That's sexy." I said.

She smiled and asked, "What's yours?"

"Promise me you not gonna laugh." I said.

"I promise." She replied, putting her hand on her chest.

"Carrick Jayden Lolo." I said. She just smiled.

"Awww, that's soo cute. And, it's quite odd. Ever since I was about 10, I always wanted to name my baby boy Jayden and my baby girl Lolo, short for London."  She said, cheerfully.

Before I could speak again, the waitress came back with our food. We ate, and talked until we saw Dace and Laila come by our table.

"We finna go to the back and play some games, nigga." Dace said to me.

"Iight bruh," I said as I saw Eric, Tierra, Quez, and Tammy get up. "You wanna go, ma?" I asked.

"Yeah, leggo." She said.

I held her hand and we walked to the back.

----------

By the end of the night, I won Starr an iPod, iPad mini, a couple of teddy bears, and a Regular Show t-shirt.

I learned so much about her. Like, her favorite TV show is Regular Show. She got 2 brothers and 2 sisters. She loves the color yellow. She's mixed with Mexican and American. She loves basketball with all her heart, and she wants to be in the WNBA. She's an all A student. Her birthday's in a few weeks. and, She plans on going to Howard University.

I dropped Eric & Tierra off, then I dropped Quez & Tammy off.

I arrived at Starr's house & me and Dace got out the car to open the doors for the ladies.

Dace grabbed onto Laila and walked up stairs to the front of the house. I leaned on the car as Starr walked towards me.

"Thanks, CJ. I had alotta fun tonight." She said, as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but you do some things to me that no other girl has ever done. I know when you see me I look like a regular pimp, but I'm not. A thug? Yeah, I am. But, no pimp. I don't fuck with girls like that, but when I saw you, I just had to have you .. you feel me?" I said to her, with so much sincerity.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and said, "CJ, I never, ever had a boyfriend." My eyes widened. "And, I know you have secrets, and I have secrets too. Today was so amazing, I wanna see you again, and again, and again. I don't trust many people like that, but I feel like I can trust you. I wanna give all my secrets away, but I want you to show me that I can do that."

I leaned away from my car, and she stood on her tippy toes. I tilted my head down and attempted to kiss her on the lips. She moved her head to the side, causing me to kiss her on the cheek. She laughed, and got off her toes, and released her arms.

I still kept my hold on her and said, "You can trust me as long as I can trust you."

She smiled, showing her braces. I took my hands away from my grasp on her, and she turned around and was walking away.

"I'm picking you up tomarrow, Starr." I slightly yelled.

"Bye, CJ!" She yelled.

I smiled, as Dace came back downstairs and into my car, cheesing hard as hell. 

I said, to my life long nigga, "I think I'm sprung." He replied, "Nigga, me too."