Chapter 11

Carrick's POV

I knocked on her door the second time.

She answered it, and my jaw dropped.

Starr was wearing a jean shirt, khaki highwaisted shorts, and Bordeaux 7s.

"Close your mouth, sweetheart." She said, reaching for a hug.

I laughed and replied, "Leave me alone .."

I opened the door to the passenger side of my car. I closed it when she was securely in.

I sat behind the wheel and started the car.

We rode in silence for about 5 minutes before she spoke.

"I went to see my parents today .." She said, looking out the window.

"Cool. They good?" I asked.

"Yeah. I told my ma about you." She said, turning away from the window and looked at me.

I laughed. "Aha, what'd she saaay?" I said in my baby voice. She laughed and said, "She's proud of me. and, I'm finally giving a boy a chance to talk to me." She giggled.

I laughed and pulled into a parking spot.

"Aw man, as long as I've been living in Orlando, I ain't never been to a park." She said, looking around in amazement.

I chuckled, "Well, I'm glad to be the first one to bring you here." I got out my car, and walked to her side and opened the door. I locked the door, and grabbed her by her waist as we walked around the park.

I told her a couple of my secrets as she told me a couple of hers. But, I didn't tell her my biggest secret. Drug dealing. And, I could tell that she had one that she wasn't telling me too.

I bought her ice cream, we went sliding on the slides, and we played on the monkey bars. She made me feel like a kid again, and I loved it. We saved the best for last: the swings.

She screamed with excitement as I pushed her on the swing. When she was up in the air after the highest I pushed her, I saw Kimberley.

I stopped the swing and Starr got off. I put my arm around her shoulder as Kimberley stood in front of me, and Starr.

"SO, THIS IS HOE YOU LEFT ME FOR CARRICK?! SHE UGLY AS HELL TOO, MOUTH FULL OF FUCKING METAL! NIGGA YOU WAS BETTER OFF WITH ME!" She shouted.

I don't know what got into me, but I slapped the shit outta her. She fell to the ground.

"I TOLD YO ASS STAY THE FUCK FROM ROUN' ME, HOE! AND, DON'T FUCKING CALL ME CARRICK!" I yelled.

I looked to my side to see Starr. She was gone.

I looked back down at Kimberley to see Starr on top of her, throwing punches.

"DON'T *smack* FUCKING *smack* CALL *smack* ME *smack A *smack* HOE! BITCH!" She was furious.

I ain't Captain Save-A-Hoe, so I just stood and watched. I was holding back my laugh. Starr got up, and started laughing ridiculously.

"Starr ..?" I asked.

"Oh .. my bad. I didn't mean to. But, she called me a hoe, and I don't like bitches calling me out my name." She said.

Kimberley got up, crying and clutching her face and stomach.

"I ain't through with you, CJ. or yo HOE either!" She yelled.

I saw Starr tense up, and I held her hand. "Let's go."

Why someone always gotta ruin a perfect day, mannn?

I opened the door for Starr, and I sat in the driver's seat.

"Sorry I had to beat your bitch." Starr said, looking down at her hands.

"Man, Starr. That ain't my bitch, that ain't my hoe, or that ain't my trick. I ain't got nothing to do with her. I forgot all about her, but lemme tell you. When I moved down here, she was the first person to be my friend. We started going out, but some niggas told me to stay away from her. I did, but the hoe won't leave me alone. She always find out where I'm at. Like damn, bitch. I don't fucking like YOU!" I said, causing her to giggle.

"My ma, my 3 little sisters, and you are the only females I want in my life. You feel me, Starr?" I asked. She was still looking at her hands, but I saw her smile.

I lifted her chin up, and turned her head towards me. She was crying.

"Starr, I'm forreal. Don't cry." I said. I tilted my head, and leaned in for the kiss I've been waiting for.

Bring your love baby, I can bring my shame ..

Her phone rang, interrupting. She laughed and answered her phone. I started the car, heading to her house.