Chapter 24

*two weeks later* (long ass chapter) 

Carrick's POV

I sat in the hospital bed with IV's hooked into my arm.

All my niggas, and my girlfriend was at school .. somewhere I should be right now.

I swear I'ma get all the muhfuckas that did this shit, forreal. That's all I've been thinking about.

I know it was them Northside niggas, Carlos them. But, these niggas followed me to Washington, yo.

I know I heard Dace them shoot back after I was shot, but after that I passed the fuck out.

*knock, knock*

"Come in." I said, closing my eyes. I hope Starr ain't get out of school just to see me.

"MY BABY!" My mother cried, bursting into my room.

She hugged me, and shook me vigorously.

"Kandy, get off him, he's still in pain." My pops said, walking into the room.

"Shut the fuck up, Kahili! Don't you see my baby in the hospital?" My ma said.

I laughed and replied, "I'm fine, ma."

"Alright, baby," She said, releasing me, "You know we got the 4-1-1 on them fuckas who did this too,"

"Kandy, hush!" My daddy, said. "Son, how you feeling?" He asked, trying to change the subject.

"I'm iight, who did it?" I asked.

"Son, I'ma let the boy Dace break the news to you." I saw tears begin to form in his eyes.

"You sure?" I asked, looking back and forth towards my parents, who were crying.

"Yeah .. uh, we'll visit you tomarrow, they said you'll be out by then." My father said.

"Iight, pops. Love you, love you too, ma." I said, watching them as they left.

"Bye, CJ." The both said, leaving the room.

----------

I woke up to some loud ass knocking on the door.

"CJ, we finna come in cause you ain't like you don't hear me knocking on this damn doe'" I heard Dace say.

I laughed and him, Starr, and Laila walked in.

"Wassap, dawg?" Dace asked, giving me some dap.

"Feeling myself .. I can't wait to get the hell outta here." I said, sighing.

"Geah .. we been missing you, forreal nigga." He replied.

"I feel ya .. wassap Laila?" I said, as she came to me for a hug.

"Nothing .. classes just been boring without my brother." She replied, after releasing her hug on me.

"I feel ya .. I'ma be up thru there in a couple of days, tho." I said.

"Okay."

"Hey baby." I said, turning my gaze onto Starr, who was picking her fingernails with her legs crossed.

"Hey." She replied dryly.

She stayed the night on the day I got shot, and missed school for 2 days. She visited me each day, and even slept with me in my hospital bed. She couldn't see me yesterday, cause they was doing some shit to my wound. I don't know why she tripping, but I swear I love the shit outta this girl.

"Come'errr." I said.

She started walking towards me, before Dace spoke, "We gone leave ya'll alone, dawg."