Peniel 3

That time when everything was in their right places, I have my perfect and happy family that I've ever wished for, my ever supporting bestfriend since the day we think matured enough. I was so happy back then, no problems, no stress just fun.

But all of it changed since that incident happened, all of those things disappeared in just a blink of an eye. 

That day when me and my whole family got into an accident. Only me survived.  My bestfriend already went back to states for good that's why I don't have anyone to lean on. 

Our company was left in my hands,  I'm not ready that time.  I was so devastated and i am close to giving up but then I met her at the cemetery, crying silently.

After I visited my family, i decided to take walk first. Then I heard someone sobbing. At first I was frightened because first, I was at the cemetery. Second,  it's already dark.  Third, I'm afraid of ghosts. 

Well,  curiosity lead me to the sobbing girl that I'm hearing. 
Then I saw her wearing a white dress but she looks so devastated. I don't know why I'm walking towards her and when i got near her I offered my handkerchief.

She just looked at me,  and I handed my handkerchief to her and smiled at her. 

"Everything will be fine. " I said.  She took my handkerchief and smiled back. 

"You can let out your feelings right now to me, I am ready to listen.  " I offered her to lessen her pain that she is feeling right now. 

"Well,  I am really mad and sad right now,  because my mom already left me without saying goodbye to me.  She promised me that she won't leave me like my father did but now,  look at me I am left alone.  She left me. I have nothing.  I have no one to lean on.  I am already alone in this cruel world.  I wanna go with her,  but I can't, I'm scared of death I really am.  I don't know what to do now.  I am losing hope.  " and started crying again. 

"There,  there" I patted her shoulders. "You know,  we are on the same boat right now,  I am also left alone by my family.  I have no one beside me right now.  But you know,  we have to be strong,  we have to show our loved ones that we can keep moving forward and I know with that, we can make them happy from up above.  They also left me without notice,  but look at me now? I am still trying to get up. So please, don't be sad anymore."
I don't know what got up inside my head, It looks like I should be the one who is taking this kind of advice but look at me now,  I have the guts to say those to a stranger.  Maybe, this is one of the signs I shouldn't be giving up.

She stood up,"Thank you,  I'll give this back to you when we meet again. I'm so sorry for seeing me like this.  "

"It's fine. " I was about to leave, "and Oh,  before I forgot my name is Peniel, Peniel Shin. " then I bowed down and go ahead. 

--
Weeks later,  I have to interview some applicants for our company.

"I'll start the interview" I said to my secretary. 

"Alright sir, I'll bring them here one by one"

"Okay. "

While looking at the other files that I need to sign I heard the sound of the door,  but I just ignored it and continued reading.

"Here is the first applicant sir. "

"Okay,  you can leave now. " I said to my secretary and still continues to read this contract. 

"Good morning Mr.  Shin. "
I stopped and remembered that voice. 

I looked up and saw her, handing over my handkerchief with a smile planted in her face. 

"Long time no see. " she continued. "Thank you very much for eveything, thank you for the advice.  I owe you big time. "