Chapter Seven: Talking

This is the seventh chapter of In too Deep. I hope you like it, and please let me know what you think, and if you think I should continue. :)

I would also like to apologize for any mistakes there might be, it's a work in progress, will try to fix them as soon as possible.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

*Stiles

Stiles walked back into the camp almost an hour later; he'd followed Derek the entire time, and it had been deafeningly quiet. It was so awkward and tense, and he really had no idea how to make it better. Though for starters, he probably could talk about what happened in the closet, but he didn't know if that would just make it worse or not. He was thinking that it would just make it worse. So he just stayed quiet, and when they made it back to the camp he still didn't say anything. He just walked over to the cooler and made himself a sandwich, because he was starving. Then he sat down by the still burning embers and started eating.

Derek watched Stiles for a moment before just sitting by the fire pit, he saw that it was pretty much out so he moved to restart it.. "So uh..... what's the plan?" he asked kind of awkwardly.

"Same as before I guess," Stiles said after a moment. "If the police find us actually camping it won't be a big deal and well we can lie and say we were just about to pack up," he said and shrugged slightly.

Derek nodded slightly and sat back when he decided the fire was good enough. "What are we going to do about the body they found?" he asked after a few minutes of awkward silence.

Stiles shrugged slightly "I guess we can wait until they all clear out and then go and check it out for ourselves" he said and ate the last little bit of his sandwich. He sighed softly before finally looking at Derek, for the first time since he'd left him in the closet. "Though that might take a while, don't know what'll happen until then," he said with a shrug. He really wasn't liking how tense and awkward things seemed to be, he kind of just wished that they could go back to how it was before, before they even went into that stupid closet.

Derek sighed softly, "Can we talk about it?" he asked, because he couldn't hold in the question any longer. Even as the words left his mouth he regretted them, knowing they would probably just make everything worse.

Stiles let out a slow sigh, "What is there to talk about? You kissed me, it was amazing, I freaked out, and almost got us both caught by the police," he said and looked at Derek again. "There, we talked," he said, he wanted to stand up to leave, but there was really nowhere for him to go, so he stayed where he was.

Derek growled, not appreciating the attitude coming from the human. "I'm sorry that it upset you so much, but all the signs were there. Unless I misread your boner," he snapped.

Stiles sighed softly, "You're right, things have been different between us and I don't know what it is, but it can't be that" he said and let out another sigh. He wasn't really looking for another relationship right now anyway. He broke up with Malia just a few weeks ago and it was still a little sore.

Derek frowned, "And why not?" he asked, again the surprised by the words just popping out of his mouth. Since when did he want to date some annoying human..... boy. Since when did he even want to date a boy for that matter. God, there is definitely something wrong with me.