Chapter Thirteen: Pancakes

*Derek

Derek laughed softly as he looked down at Stiles, the human had slipped and fell to the ground. In the process, he tipped over a bag of flour and the entire thing dumped all over his head. He'd probably be more concerned if it hadn't been so hilarious.

"You think this is funny," Stiles asked and glared up at the werewolf. "You're the one who dropped the damn egg and didn't clean it up," he said, which just earned him more laughing. "You're gonna get it," he threatened before shaking his head slightly, making flour go everywhere. Then he pushed himself up onto his feet and glared at the still laughing Derek before grabbing an egg out of the carton and throwing it at him. The laughing ceased immediately, which made Stiles laugh.

Derek looked down at his chest at the yolky mess, "I can't believe you just did that," he said and tried wiping it off, but that just made it worse. He looked at Stiles and felt a smile tug at his lips, because the human was adorable when he laughed. He just watched Stiles for a moment before grabbing an egg and smashing it on the human's head, because there was no way he was going to let the guy get away with throwing one at him. Plus the look on his face was priceless.

"Oh my god Derek, what the hell?" Stiles said, completely shocked that he did that, "What was that for," he gasped and felt the top of his head with a smile.

Derek shrugged, "I don't know what you're talking about," he said with a smile. "I didn't do anything," he said.

"Oh sure ya don't" Stiles said and shook his head slightly. "You're a terrible liar Hale. Let's just finish making the pancakes eh," he said with a sigh before turning back to the counter. He slipped again, with there being even more eggs on the floor now it was inevitable. As he was falling he grabbed onto Derek for support but somehow he lost his balance as well and they both fell to the floor.

Derek groaned, "God you weigh a ton," he complained as he looked up at the human that had landed up him, though he also couldn't help but laugh at the situation. Stiles being covered in flour and egg was pretty funny, the guy looked ridiculous.

"Shut up Derek," Stiles said and looked down at him, "What happened dude, thought you were supposed to be a badass werewolf with fast reflexes," he said jokingly with a laugh, he loved to see Derek laugh, he really didn't do it often enough.

"Sorry, who knew werewolves are prone to slipping on eggs as well, and who knows maybe your clumsiness is contagious," Derek said.

Stiles laughed softly, "Now that's just ridiculous," he said with a smile as he looked down at him, momentarily studying Derek's face.

"You sure about that?" Derek asked and looked up at Stiles, the guy still looked funny. His hair was flat from the egg and his face was almost completely white from all the flour, but he barely noticed any of that as he looked into his eyes . Everything else just seemed to fall away.

"Derek?" Stiles said, his voice kind of husky "You remember what I said about us being friends?"

"Yeah" Derek said and studied Stiles face, not really knowing what he was getting at.