1. The girl named Daciana

"Daciana, you are to be obedient to what your grandmother has to say and help her out in all she needs" or so did her mother had asked her before Daciana Lupu left her home to move out to Transylvania with her grandmother that summer. Her perfect gingerish-hair flowing with the breeze in soft waves at the end as her porcelain skin was nontheless than exquisite with small pinkish-lips making a small pout as she looked out the window of the car.

-"Miss, we are almost there"- said the driver as he smiled at her through the rear mirror but she did not even dared to give him a glance back at him.

Her body might've been on that car but her mind surely wasn't anywhere close. Daciana Lupu was a Romanian 14 year old girl with so little talks but with so much to tell. Her mismatched eyes, one blue and one green, would only make her look mysterious. The car stopped in front of a house that rather looked out of century, but even so it had belonged to her family for generations. The driver opens the door for her as she leaps out of the car but still looking graceful. She was wearing a white, summer dress with simple sandals.

-"Daciana, darling. Welcome home!"- greeted her grandmother as she walked down the steps and walked towards her with a gleeful smile. "Thank you, Sebastian for bringing her here. Please, take her bags inside"

The driver called Sebastian was no other than a butler working for the Lupu family, specifically working for her grandmother who kept the ancient traditions of her family. Daciana simply gave a slight bow with her head and walked past her grandmother without saying a word. The wooden steps creak as she walks up to the balcony and gives a deep sigh. Her small hand reaches for the door knob and opens it with another loud creak. The Lupu mannor had always been that way...quite amusing but scary as well. Daciana stepped inside slowly as she looked around at the chandeliers that decorated the ceiling, the victorian-style chairs and sofa, and the antique painting that her grandmother kept of the first owner of Lupu Mannor.

Daciana kept walking slowly as she approached the majestic wooden staircase. She placed her hand on the handles sliding it up slowly as if feeling the cold and smooth wood against her skin.

-"My dear Dacia, you don't hate this place, do you? Look at you. You still admire every single detail"- said her grandmother as she stood right next to the girl.

Daciana remained quiet as she looked up at the ends of the staircase leading to the second floor where all the mysterious aura called upon her. She had been there a thousand times but it had been six years since she went there and something felt quite different from then. She saw Sebastian pass her by with her bags and she immediately followed him upstairs. She was led to a room at the end of the hall. It was a big room, almost like the master bedroom. It had a small balcony and glass doors and windows. She had a great view of the plains. The Manor was very isolated from the other country houses.

-"Is it your liking, Miss?"- asked Sebastian trying to sympathize with quiet, little Daciana.

She simply looked at him over her shoulder and nodded earnestly as she ran towards the doors and opened them as she took a deep breath as she felt the breeze kiss her cheeks. Sebastian slowly places her bags down and then closes the door as he leaves the room.

-"How is she?"- asked Madam Lupu as she had a worried look on her face.

-"I believe the young miss has liked her room. She seemed quite pleased"- answered Sebastian calmly.

-"At least...that girl is terribly shocked after being sent here. She believes her mother is probably abandoning her because she can't take it anymore after her father ran off rampage"-

-"Will she be alright, madam?"-

-"She will. Just give her time"-

They both walk away as Daciana closed her eyes slowly as she took a deep breath. Certainly she had overheard them and now was feeling a little down. She walked towards a mirror and looked at her reflection with a neutral expression. Her mismatched eyes seemed to call her attention as she began looking sadder and sadder by the moment. She was the only one like that in her family, so she was usually avoided. Her father tried to avoid her at all cost and soon after that he vanished. There was a knock on the door and then she heard Sebastian's voice.

-"Miss Daciana. Your grandmother has invited you for a cup of tea. Would you mind joining her?"- he asked her sweetly.

Daciana knew that there was nothing else she could do so she simply decided to do as her grandmother had suggested. She headed down to the back yard where her grandmother was waiting with everything set for the tea.

-"Good"- she said as she smiled pleased at her grandaughter and offered her a chair.

Daciana sat down and looked sternly at the cup of tea before her as it slowly was filled with the hot and kind of dark liquid.

-"Would you like some milk with your green tea?"- suggested her grandmother, but Daciana simply shook her head.

The woman placed some sugar on both cups and mixed them slowly so it would absorb the sweetness. Daciana took the cup between her hands and saw her own reflection on the surface of the tea.

-"Deary, won't you tell me about how it has been all these years you haven't seen me?"- asked the woman as Daciana simply kept staring intently at her tea.

Daciana did not say a word, not a single word to her grandmother no matter how much she waited.

-"Well...I hope you like it here in Transylvania. It's quite spacious here so you are free to play in the yards or something. All I ask is to refrain yourself from wandering outside during the nights. Never open these doors or windows to any strangers and never, ever, arrive late to this house on full moon nights."- instructed the woman as Daciana finally looked up at her grandmother with wide eyes.

Daciana had often heard similar instructions given by her mother when she was younger and once again she had to follow those exact same rules here. Of course she knew she was in Transylvania, place where they often spread the rumors of wandering night creatures that seeked for human blood and others for human flesh. It had been a place where such rumors had been spread for centuries, but even so, she thought everything was a lie.

. . .

That night Daciana looked through her glass doors and into the distance where she saw a forest with such a mysterious aura. Her eyes gleamed as she felt interest in it. She couldn't sleep well in that strange house, so she had time to spare before she could fall asleep. She ran towards her bed and took off all the covers and curtains and made them a knot and then headed to her door and just as she was about to hit the handle she saw a pair of golden eyes staring right at her. She gasped as she dropped her 'rope' and in an instant, whatever that had been there simply vanished.