10. Half-Breed goes Half-Wolf

Daciana sat in a corner of her room staring from there at the window. Every time the sun rised everyone went straight to bed and as soon as it set everyone would wake up. It was a vampire's home after all. Working all night in whatever they did and resting later on seemed fair enough, except she was still there without a clue on what to do with her life.  What was the point on always runing when she was still gaining non thing from it, but pilling up more trouble for poor Silviu when he get back home? Vampires where trying to adjust to her instead of her adjusting to them. They were always trying to keep Daciana comfortable and happy with whatever and however they could.

She felt completely useless. What was the point in feeling a bit of pride in saying she was a Lupu? Her half-wolf blood self couldn't even transform nor could she use the little power she had for anything. She was just a decoration in Bran Castle just like she was a decoration back at Lupu Manor. Slowly she laid down on the floor as the moonlight shone over her a bit. Her saddened face covered with shadows and those mysterious eyes she had seemed like they had lost their shine.

-"Are you still alive?"- asked the guy that had given them a ride the first time she arrived there.

She looked at him with the corner of her eyes but didn't say a word.

-"The silence treatment, huh?"- he said as he laid down in front of her.

She tried to understand why was he doing that. Why was he trying to act like Sorin would when he wasn't even him.

-"If I can't beat you the easiest thing to do is join you, right?"- he kept talking. "Don't you like Bran Castle? Don't let everyone's efforts in keeping you safe be all in vain, Princess"

-"I'm no princess..."- she said almost in a whisper.

-"Oh! You can talk"-

-"Of course I can...You certainly are related to Sorin, arent you?"-

-"Of course. We are blood related siblings. And Sorin ain't that old in Vampire age either"-

-"How old is he? I mean...Vampire Age."-

-"Hmm. Eighteen."-

-"Human age?"-

-"Probably in his four---"-

-"Okay I don't wanna know. What about you?"-

-"Me? Who has ever said I was a vampire?"- 

Daciana's eyes grew wide opened as soon as she heard him say that. She did not know his name yet but she was sure that he wasn't a bad person and that maybe he was the only one capable of understanding her at the moment. Her eyes were fixed on his as her cheeks slight blushed. He smirked in amusement and then sat up.

-"You should go downstairs and get some tea or something to relax yourself. If they haven't sucked my blood out of pure hunger, they won't do a thing to you"- he said as he showed her confidence.

Daciana slowly sat up and kept staring at him still unable to comprehend how his words had so much power over her.

-"Would you...Would you mind telling me your name, at least?"- she asked as she extended her hand a bit towards him but stopped midway.

He smiled at her and pulled her by her wrist towards him. It was all going in slow motion before her eyes. Her cheeks blushing as her hair fluttered due the sudden movement as she heard him say " Lucian, Lucian Gheata". Charming like his vampiric brother, but he felt so different from him. It made her wonder if all of this was because he was a human too?

Thy both went downstairs to have a cup of tea while Sorin and Silviu were wandering around Bran Castle while fighting as usual.

. . .