20. The White Wolves

Silviu tossed around on the floor as sweat ran down his forehead. In his dream he could see a white wolf on Daciana's balcony back at the manor howling as if in pain. Silviu kept tossing as he asked in his sleep why was she crying. Yet, the wolf only kept howling without giving him any answers until Lucian began shaking him. .

-"Hey, Silviu! Wake up!"- called Lucian.

Silviu's yes flutter open as he looks around a bit lost. He slowly sits up and messes his hair while trying to wake himself up. Sorin was also tossing in his sleep and that kind of worried Silviu.

-"What's up with him?"- asked Silviu as he got closer to Sorin who seemed to be anxious even in his sleep.

Lucian simply shook his head as he explained that he had always been like that, but ever since Daciana had figured out about who her real grandmother was it was happening every day.

-"I fear he knows more than what he told Daciana. I believe he just told her a general explanation, but maybe he was actually there when it all happened"- said Silviu.

-"What do you mean?"- asked Lucian a bit confused.

-"I was told once back at the castle that Sorin used to be human when you were born and that after he saved your life from an accident he became a vampire. He said he's eternally twenty two, which means he's 18 years older than Daciana and you"-

Lucian knited his brows as he became thoughtful. Then he understood. If Dacia was Daciana's grandmother maybe he had a chance to meet her when he was a child. Silviu nods after hearing Lucian's guess. Both agreed that he might had witnessed what had happened back then and that's why he was helping them. It was an eternal nightmare haunting him as soon as he fell asleep.

-"By the way...why did you wake me up?"- asked Silviu.

-"Besides you being as noisy as my brother while tossing and calling out some wolf in your dreams, Daciana has gone missing"- said Lucian.

-"Oh...well...it was a weird dream you know....wait...Daciana what?! Wake up, you lazy blood sucker!"- said Silviu while he kicked Sorin and woke him up.

Sorin sits up with his eyes closed as he scratched his abdomen.

-"You bloody wolf. For Daciana's sake I haven't chopped off your head yet and hung it on the castle halls"- said Sorin with a hoarsely voice as he finally opened his glowing golden eyes and looked at Silviu coldly.

. . .

Meanwhile Daciana, who was still unable to take a full wolf form, was running as fast as she could towards the manor. Her white wolf ears up high and her senses as sharp as ever. She sniffed the air as she found the scent of other wolves. She stopped and looked around as she saw a pack surrounding her.

-"Daciana?"- one of them said.

Daciana had figured out that they might be from her clan but it made no difference to her.

-"We've been sent to catch you. How come you are on your way home?"- said another one.

One of them did not waste time and decided to attack her, but Daciana, who certainly was still a new wolf had more strength than them at the time. She simply swung her arm and punched the wolf away as he cried out in pain while falling on the snow. Some others growled and tried to attach her. All she did was jump around trying to avoid them and kicked some away. She was surprised with herself and decided to make a in for it so she didn't harm them any longer. She kept running as she was followed by the angry pack mixed with Lupus and forced Bucurs.

Suddenly Daciana felt something hit her neck. When she pulled out what stung her, she noticed it was a dart. She tried to keep running but the strength was leaving her body. Daciana was getting weaker by the sencond as she kept jogging the bit she could while her vission became double and slowly fell on her knees as everything felt like it was spinning around her. When she looks up she saw Penelope, her 'grandmother' standing there with a wicked smile on her face as she slowly crouched down to see Daciana from up close. Penelope rips off one of her sleeves to expose Daciana's butterfly-like birthmark. As soon as she confirmed it she smirked and with an index finger pushed Daciana by her forehead and on to the ground. Daciana tried to stay conscious as long as she could but it didn't work. So, she slowly closed her eyes and everything blackened before her.