6. Daughter of the Alpha

Daciana's POV

I was pacing in my room as I waited for my grandmother to finally fall asleep. My bags were all ready on my bed and my will was still as vivid as it was back in the forest. I don't know if all of this is my fault or not, but all I want to do is to never see that woman's face ever again. My grandmother was aware that Silviu would always visit me, but she had no idea that tonight I would be meeting up with a vampire instead . The glass doors were opened as the curtains fluttered with the wind. I slowly turned around and there he was: Sorin Gheata standing on my balcony illuminated by the full moon's light making his light blonde hair look kind of silver. His light, blue-colored eyes fixed on me and, as always, with his hands inside his jeans pockets.

-"Ready to head out, mademoiselle?"- he asked me as he gave a small bow and extended me his hand.

I wasnt so sure if I should take his hand or not even if all of this had been planned by me...I was scared of the outcome, but still I was ready to face it. I took his hand and he smiled at me pleased as our eyes finally met. My heart was beating so fast, but I couldn't let him know.

-"I'm ready"- I answered him almost breathless.

He chuckled.

-"Miss, you don't have to be so nervous. Its not like I'll drink your blood...or is that what you actually want?"said Sorin.half jokingly.

-"T-There's no need for that, you know"-I said while he pulled me closer to him and smirked.

-"Well then, Miss Lupu. What shall I take first: you or the bags?"-

-"Sorin..."-

Still smirking he pulled away and took my bags in his hands. He looked at them while weighing them on both arms.

-"You don't need this thing"- he said as he threw it on the bed

-"I need that!"- I cried in a low tone of voice. "Those are books!"

-"Books? Then, choose your favorite ones or those you have not read and wish to so you can get entertained."-

-"But they belonged to my father"-

Sorin sighed and took one book between his hands.

-"At least take this photo album with you. I'll come for the rest later, but we need to get moving Daciana"- he said as he took the other bag and handed me the album. I held it close to my chest and he simply picked me up over his shoulder without giving me a chance to realise what was going on. He closed the door and told me to hold me tight. Standing on the rails of the balcony he chuckled and jumped along with me.

-"Shit!"- he said as the light in my grandmother's room brighten up her room.

Sorin simply ran behind a tree and stayed put. All of the sudden, I was flying in the air and was caught on a furry back. I found those blue eyes staring back at me and realised it was no other than Silviu. He carries me on his back as the chilly night breeze caressed my cheeks. So, we ran into the forest just as I had asked them to. Now I was worried about Sorin. My grandmother had been saying nonsense and who knows if she would even kill poor Sorin.

. . .

We made it to a cabbin in the middle of the forest. I was inside in a corner covering up with some blankets. Summer was about to end soon and the temperatures were slowly dropping.

-" I still think its a bad idea"- said Silviu as he entered through the front door.

-"Is it morning?"- I asked.

I've seen Silviu transform only on full moon nights, though I'm sure he can transform whoever he wants.

-"Are your ears still bugging you?"- he asked concerned about my abilities.