17. Hunt

The plains which hold Lupu Manor are once more covered in snow. A white wolf stood before the manor. Staring at it with determination. The temporary leader of the Lupu pack was standing in front of the manor a bit scared of the wolf. He was a werewolf himself, so he had no clue why that wolf made his blood run cold. The wolf looks directly at him and all he notices is one emerald green eye. His own eyes grew wide as he quickly looked to the wolf's side and saw Dacia Lupu who looked up at him with her mismatched eyes as a smile spread on her face while she pets the white wolf on her side. The wind blows as it rises some snow and makes it dance around them. Dacia simply whistled as the white wolf ran towards him and jumped to attack.

***End of the dream***

-"No!"- he quickly woke up and sat on his bed while sweat ran down his face.

He looked around and noticed that he was still back home and not at the manor. Sighing in relief he lets himself fall on the bed again as he pants.

-"What the hell was that..."- he said to himself as he ran a hand down his face. "Is Dacia coming back to life or something? Who is that white wolf?. There's no one like that in our pack, unless..."

He quickly sat up again wide eyed as a mere thought crossed his mind. Jumping out of bed he decided to get ready and head back to the manor.

. . ..

He was in Daciana's room waiting for Sorin to come back and tell him some more information about the clan. The vampire had previously said that Daciana had transformed. If what the vampire had said was true, that could only mean that the wolf he saw in his dream with an emerald eye was no other than Daciana Lupu herself.
The window opens and he quickly turns around and found Sorin behind him.

-"What an obedient wolf you are"- said Sorin half jokingly.

-"Is there anything else I should know? That's why you came today too, right?"- he said.

Sorin simply laughed and then paced around the room.

-"Well, I didn't actually come to talk to you this time..."- said Sorin bluntly.

-"Then to who?"-

-"I didn't come here to talk to anybody. I just came here to see the state of the manor"-

The man took a step back as he thought of the worse possible. It could be a vampire attack or they could simply bring Daciana's corpse to mock them off. He was ready to fight, but Sorin rose a hand before he could say anything else.

-"Sam, right? That's your name. Sam"- said Sorin as he simply looked at the man sternly. "You are from the Bucur clan just like Silviu, am I right?"

Sam dropped his arms next to him as he looked at him shocked. He wondered if he was going to use his family as bait now or something, but it didn't seemed that way for some reason.

-"You were friends with Emil, the son of the Madam, weren't you?"- said Sorin. "I've been wondering now...didn't he have a daughter? I mean...come on. Its obvious that he was the only child she had and Daciana is her only grand kid. Doesn't it ring a bell that Daciana is merely the daughter of the last Alpha? And how the hell did she even give birth to Emil and why would Emil name his daughter Daciana? Think about it and answer me right now. I don't care what kind of weird thoughts they might be...just spit them out. I'm tired of playing the secret files or something with you"

Sam stood there speechless. Sorin had blurted out everything he needed to know. The last pieces to everything he believed that had happened. Sam gulpes before he spoke.