EPILOGUE

I, Daciana Lupu, stood up at the top of the staircase wearing a red short dress with white tiny squares on it and some vans. Placing my hand on the wooden handle, I felt its smooth texture. The manor that kept all my family's history and nightmare was soon to stay alone and only visited whenever it was necessary. I slowly walked down as I stopped midway as soon as I saw my younger self looking up at the staircase with her summery white dress and sandals. The mysterious aura that called upon my younger self was something I recalled as if it were only yesterday.

We both kept walking as we passed each other by as if we were in slow motion. Our lose gingerish hair with soft curls at the end bouncing as we walked, one down and the other upstairs.

-"Good luck"- I said almost in a whisper as she slowly turned to face me, but I didn't look back. "You'll need it"

I walked downstairs and slowly closed the door behind me as I left locked away that innocent and naive little girl that came here one summer day to begin a new life which I the present me has now concluded.

-"Are you ready?"- said Lucian as he opened the passenger door for me.

I simply nodded and got in. We drove off as I looked into the rear mirror at the manor slowly disappearing into the distance. I remained silent as I watched it fade away. Lucian spoke to me, but I didn't feel listen at all. Maybe my body was here, but my mind was still focused on that place where everything started and now finally came to an end.

******************************

To be continued...

******************************