8. Our Little Home

Daciana Lupu was sitting there in a corner of the cabbin while holding the album between her hands. Silviu had a covered wrist and sat next to her.

-"Everything alright?"- he asked as Daciana nodded slowly and then laid eyes on his bandages.

He tried to cover it up with his sleeve, but Daciana did not ask right away. Silviu simply smiled.

-"I just hit myself with something. Its nothing you should worry yourself with; it's just a scratch."- said Silviu as he patted her on the head.

Daciana was certain that Silviu was hiding something from her, but she rather trust him than start pressing him and show doubt. Sorin enters the cabbin with wide eyes. He walks a little oddly, but then stops in front of Daciana.

-"What's wrong?"- asked Daciana.

-"Your grandmother is heading to the forest"- said Sorin.

Daciana quickly stood up and looked at him with eyes as wide as plates. Her refuge was been found out and now she didn't know what else to do. Since her grandmother never let her do much exploring before, she had no idea where to hide next. Sorin sighs as he takes her hand and places it on his chest.

-"I, Sorin Gheata promise to protect you, my dear princess"-he said with a serious look.

-"Whats this all about..."- said Daciana a little embarrassed.

-"Let's get out of here. Do you know that castle they 'use' as museum?"-

-"Dracula's Castle?"-

-"Don't worry, madmoiselle. I'll make sure you stay alive"-

With that, he picked up Daciana, as if it were a common thing to do,  and ran off while followed by Silviu who wouldn't dare let Sorin try to do anything weird to her. They ran around the forest and Daciana looked up at Sorin's features. Before her eyes, Sorin was quite an attractive vampire. She had seen movies about vampires where many were just evil and in others they were just too shiny like to go out on sunny days without covering, but Sorin was different. She was certain he did not shine on light nor he wore a ring like a TV series she saw to protect him from the damages of the sun. 

-"Sorin?"- she called while being held between his arms.

-"Mm?"- he responds while giving a quick glance at her.

-"You know its broad daylight out there, right?"-

-"Yeah...So?"-

He seemed so carefree that it sometimes scared her.

-"Doesn't it...you know..."- she continued asking timidly.

-"Daciana...you can't be serious. Who do you think I am? I am a modern vampire, you know"-he said as he smirked.

-"Where are we going?"-

-"The safest place in all Transylvania"-

-"That would be...?"-

-"The awesome fortress that's still two days ahead of us at this rate"-

Daciana's eyes grew wide opened. She certainly knew what he was talking about and she still could not believe it.

. . .

-"I can't believe we managed to ditch them"- said Silviu while looking around the corner. "We managed to speed up quite a bit. You surely have some good speed. I hate you"

-"I know you do, my dear fury friend. At least we ran off a few kilometers and reduced the car timing"- said Sorin.

-"Car timing?"-