4. Friendly Neighbor?

From the next day onwards Daciana was treated quite different compares to the first time and all those years that had past ever since she had arrived to that mannor. Her grandmother had made her do harsh chorse around the place and would always call her halfbreed as if that were Daciana's new name. The poor girl was regretting not talking to her grandmother during those four years, but what was hurting her the most was the fact that her family was all filled with werewolves and no one had told her about it. Those special abilities, as her mother used to call them, were nothing out of the ordinary in that family. She felt like another Lupu member but who had been sentenced into almost being a slave.

-"I'm done, grandmother"- said Daciana as she finally placed the duster on a corner of a table and sat down exhausted.

-"What are you doing, Halfbreed? You must head to the attic and clean up there as well. Go along now and leave that place spotless"- said Madam Lupu in such a despicable manner.

Daciana sighed and headed there as she was ordered. As she was walking past her room, she heard someone call on her. When she opened the door of her room she saw Silviu standing there without a care in the world.

-"Hey there, Daci"- he said grining from ear to ear and waving his hand in front of her.

Daciana gave a small smile, for Silviu was the only one capable of cheering her up whenever she was down like this.

-"I see your grandmother has you quite busy, huh?"- he said as he closed the door behind him and followed Daciana to the attic.

-"Its the first time I've come here"- said Daciana as she looked around at the dusty room.

It had certainly been forgotten for quite a few years or even decades. There were spiderwebs here and there and the couple of blankets that covered up a box had gone from white to brown. Daciana began sneezing as soon as she began cleaning, but Silviu quickly covered her nose and mouth with a hankershif he had so she wouldn't be affectes by the dust.

-"What about you, Silviu?"- she asked concerned.

-"Nah, I will be fine"- he answered as he walked around the room aimlessly. "What's this?"

He picked up an old book that was lying around on the floor. He sat in a corner and opened it. Of course it was totally dusty but he simply tried to hold his breath and avoided inhaling dust. He read a few pages until Daciana walked towards him and hit him on his head with the duster.

-"Loitering aroung already?"- she asked.

-"I just got immersed into this book about the forest you went to the other night. There are so many legends about that forest and they have been used nowadays as a way to capture tourists."- said Silviu as he closed the book and slowly stood up. "Are you done?"

-"Kind of...Its too much to clean in one day. Besides, when will I even get to sleep? I've been awake ever since the break of dawn til midnight for a week. I'm going to collapse at some point"-

-"I told you to talk to your grandmother, didn't I? Ever since your first birthday spent here I've been insisting you to do so, but you've ignored my suggestion for four years in a row"-

-"Silviu..."-

-"Okay, okay. I suppose this is too much for that issue. She seems even a little racist, right? She has always been awkward around people"-

-"Is that so?"-

-"Oh. By the way Daciana"-

-"Yes?"- Daciana was just heading down stairs when Silviu called her.