9. Bucur

Madam Lupu hits a tree with her fist as she hears from one of the men that they have lost track of Silviu Bucur and Daciana. Penelope Lupu was enraged, and if she saw Daciana at those moments she would surely punish her without a care in the world. Her reputation was on the line and she couldn't just let the girl be.

-"Madam...This is getting a bit out of hand"-said Sebastian as he walked towards her.

Madam Lupu simply shook her head. Something else was bothering her besides the rebellion of her granddaughter.

-"Where's Silviu Bucur?"- she asked between her teeth.

Sebastian looked around as he finally noticed such fact.

-"Neither I nor the pack have seen him ever since Daciana made her escape through her window"- said Sebastian as he scratched his chin.

-"Indeed this is out of hand"- said Madam Lupu as she smiled to herself as she was unable to comprehend how things had turned out like this. "Gather the Bucur Clan. They need to know what happens when they disobey the Lupu like this".

. . .

A woman was tied up to a chair and her lips were covered with blood , her face was pale and covered with bruises while her whole body trembled. She looked around nervously as she shook her head continously. Madam Lupu sat in front of her smiling to herself as she played with a pipe between her hands.

-"Madam...I swear...I know nothing about that child's whereabouts"- said the woman almost panting.

Madam Lupu made a gesture as the woman let out a scream while she simply laughed.

-"You know well that the Bucur must obey to our demands. That kid was assigned to be my granddaughter's guardian. If something happens to that girl, the consequences will fall upon your family, and be sure to remember who was her father, right?"- said Madam Lupu as she gave a half smile that was certainly making the woman fear her even more.

-"How could we dare harm the Alpha's daughter? If we did such thing the whole pack would kill us all and poor Silviu would have to live up with the shame and guilt on our behalf"- said the woman as her eyes got watery.

-"Seems like you are smart enough. Very well. Be sure to find him and tell him to fulfill his job properly."-

Madam Lupu stood up and slapped her before leaving the room. The poor woman cried all alone as she was slowly untied from the chair and thrown on the floor.

The Bucur clan had certainly suffered throughout generations ever since one of them found out the Lupu's secret. They were forced to join in and serve. Usually one or two chosen to work within the clan and keep the wolf blood within them as a curse but Silviu was special. From those few selected and forced to be werewolves, Silviu was chosen as the youngest wolf and was imposed to learn the manners of the Lupu and be the guardian of someone he did not know until 2 years later: Daciana. His mother had suffered greatly when her newborn had been forced into having wolf blood and soon as the girl was born, she was said to be married within their clan since there was no other man near her age that could marry her and keep up the blood. He would be as an adoptive son to the Lupu clan. Despite this, he had always gone with the Bucur and knew of his parents, so he firmly thought of himself more as a Bucur than as a Lupu.

Such facts infuriate Penelope Lupu, the head of the family because all what she wanted was power and with that boy doing as he pleased was nothing but trouble. Her granddaughter was now on the same path which caused her even more anger. She had done so much to get to the top and now a bunch of youngsters were trying to take it all from her.