In Sickness and in Health

Lil sick fic here, fluffy one shot with bby Lorcan in there ^3^ Enjoy!
Media edit done by moi :3

*

The only way to describe waking up that morning was with the word 'hellish'.

My eyes cracked open, shivering as I groaned, my throat dry and hoarse, nose stuffed up with a splitting headache, the light too bright and the TV on in the other room too loud for how I was feeling right now.

And, right on cue, my worst enemy right now came bounding through the door, as much as I love him.

"Papa, papa! Wake up! It's Saturday, you promised you'd watch Pokemon with me!" Lorcan giggled in my ear, my headache getting worse as he jumped onto the bed, wriggling until he was sitting almost on top of me, whining when I burrowed further into the blankets. I really didn't want to snap at him, but he was starting to make me irritated. I swear he's more rambunctious than Adam sometimes.

He stopped bouncing for a minute, and I sighed in relief, feeling him scoot down until I could feel him eye level with me.

"Papa?" he chirped, confusion laced in his innocent voice. I opened my eyes once more to look blearily over at my little son, who was staring at me curiously. I smiled weakly, although I think it looked more like a grimace, and reached out, patting his head gently.

"H-Hey, Spud. Papa's not feeling too good right now, so do you think we can do a rain check on Pokemon?" I managed to croak out, my voice sounding like someone had taken a cheese grater to my trachea.

Lorcan frowned, pouting with his brow furrowed, and I was pleading in my head that he would just agree so I could sleep for eternity.

Slowly, he nodded, looking a little sad, before crawling to the end of the bed and scurrying off, running off out the room.

Great, now he's upset.

I sighed, closing my eyes once more and pulled the duvet back over my head, teeth chattering a little, cold sweat forming. Ugh, I really hate being sick.

I think I must have dozed off, because I woke up again, to the feeling of warm hands carding gently through my sweaty hair, tiny kisses being planted on my forehead, pausing in their ministration as I began to stir.

"Brice? Honey, wake up." the soft voice of my husband whispered quietly, and I sighed, hollow and raspy, peeking out at Seto, who must have turned the lights down, since I wasn't being blinded this time. The TV also was off, and I could hear Lorcan chattering to his pet ladybirds in the other room. Kid loves those things.

"M' wanna sleep." I groaned, as Seto tried to roll me onto my back, and he chuckled lightly, arranging the blankets back around me as I settled back down.

"Lorcan said you weren't feeling good. You need a some painkillers?" he asked quietly, fixing me with his soft, caring gaze. I gave him a soft smile, leaning into his touch as he continued stroking my hair.

"M' fine. Jus' need you." I mumbled, and Seto chuckled, leaning down and kissing my forehead. I don't know how he could stand that, I'm sweating like a pig. Salty.

"Let me call Colin and see if he can babysit Lorcan, then I'll cuddle with you, ok?" he muttered, and just before I could answer, the door, creaked open just a smidge, and speak of the little devil, he peeked his head around, looking over at us tentatively.

"Daddy? Is papa feeling ok now?" he asked shyly, big blue eyes wide and concerned, and it was so heart achingly adorable, my chest tightened. More likely it was just another cough brewing, but still.

"Not yet, Spud, papa's going to need to rest for a couple days." Seto answered, and Lorcan nodded, shuffling in, clutching Seto's old squid plushie to his chest.

He stopped at Seto's side, standing on his tip toes, and crawled onto the bed, kneeling next to me and fiddling with the blankets nervously.

"Papa? Are you going to be ok?" he murmured worriedly, squeezing the plushie tighter, his eyes big and doleful.

"Don't worry, kiddo, I'll be fine after daddy helps me get better." I rasped, coughing a little as I tried to make my voice sound normal, so I didn't scare my little boy.

He pouted a little, cocking his head to one side, Seto reaching out smoothing down one of his cowlicks absentmindedly like the mama bear he is.

"If I kiss it better will you feel ok quicker?" he asked, and if I wasn't practically on my death bed I would have hugged him to me like a fucking koala.

Seto cooed quietly, biting his lip as Spud continued to watch me intently, blinking down at me expectantly. He leant down and planted a tiny peck in my cheek, and Seto squeaked, biting back a huge grin. I smiled up at Lorcan, who was still watching me, and mustered enough strength to peel back the covers, just enough so I could open my arms for a hug.

He giggled, crawling forward and wrapping his tiny frame around my torso, hugging me tightly, face tucked into my neck. I could feel his little feet dig into my ribs, but I couldn't find it in me to care. How did a create such an affectionate child?!

"Thanks, buddy. I'm sure I'll feel better soon." I mumbled, closing my eyes as I felt him unlatch himself from me, ready to go back to sleep, until I felt something being pressed into my chest.

"You can cuddle Leggy until you feel better, he won't mind." he chirped, and I looked down at the squid plushie in my hands, heart throbbing.

"O-ok, thank you very much, Spud." I whispered, trying to contain myself, feeling a sneeze accumulate.

"Come on, sweetie, let's go play with your Lego while papa takes a nap." Seto cooed, picking up a giggling Lorcan and ruffling his hair, placing him in the ground and watching him scamper off to the living room. Seto turned to me, grinning tenderly, eyes soft and full of love.

"I'll be back once Colin picks him up. Leggy will have to move over when I come back up, but for now, go back to sleep. You look like shit." Seto chuckled, and I just huffed, letting out the sneeze, and pulled the duvet back around me, Leggy under one arm, my owns legs tucked up in the cocoon of blankets.

I felt Seto kiss my temple lightly, a smile on his lips, before the bed creaked, Seto standing up and padding quietly to the door.

"Love you, Brice." he whispered, and even as I felt myself fall asleep, a smile tugged at my lips.

"Love you too, baby." I slurred back, before I finally drifted off into a surprisingly peaceful sleep.

~

I felt the bed dip next to me, the duvet pulled back a little, and a lithe body soon pressed up against my back, an arm wrapped around my waist and pulling me into a toned chest.

"Hey." Seto whispered, kissing the nape of my neck, and I hummed in response, still half asleep.

"Mmm, babe, why'd ya lie there, not in front so I could snuggle you?" I mumbled into my pillow, my nose slightly less clogged than before. I didn't mind, but I preferred being the big spoon.

"I would have, if you didn't have a death grip on the squid." Seto mused, and I furrowed my brow, opening my eye and peeking down at my arms.

Sure enough, Leggy was clutched to my chest like a lifeline, the fluff on his tentacle ruffled as I gripped him tight.

I looked from Leggy to Seto, and back again, before shrugging, hunkering down back into my blanket burrito, Leggy tucked under my chin, Seto hugging me from behind, my own little happy space, with my husband and his squid.

I guess being sick does have its perks sometimes.

>< Cutie pie Lorcan, he just wants to make his papa feel better again :3 Hope you enjoyed!