Here We Go

Hey guys! This ones a Merome one, and if you've read the character descriptions for Merome Clan in my Character book, then you may know the quirky name that baby Luca found himself having ;)

*

There was a sharp twinge of pain in Mitch's stomach, and suddenly a pressure dropped, and his eyes snapped open, a gasp tumbling from his lips.

He sat up gingerly, sliding a hand over his protruding belly, hissing when another stab of pain shot through him. He recognised these pains all too well.

"Jerome, Jerome! Wake up, I-I think the baby's coming!" he groaned, shaking his sleeping husband, biting his lip to try and keep himself calm.

Jerome let out a sleepy grunt, cracking one eye open blearily, glancing over at Mitch briefly, before he froze, taking in what his mate had just said.

He sat bolt right up, eyes wide, scrambling out of the covers and over to Mitch's side of the bed, hands hovering over his tummy, unsure and panicked.

"Oh, oh shit! Mitch, can you stand? W-wait, the kids... When, how- baby, w-what do you need?" he spluttered, seeing Mitch look up at him with pleading eyes.

He winced as he leant up, pecking the corner of his mouth, offering him a weak smile.

"J-just you." he murmured quietly, face pinching as another wave of pain hit him. Jerome nodded, kissing his forehead and pulling out his phone, handing it to Mitch.

"Ring Colin, have him come round like last time. I'll wake up the kids and see if one of the guys want to come watch them. I don't think I'll be able to handle more than one person in the room with you." Jerome chuckled, grinning despite the urge to shift and hide Mitch away until the baby was born.

He knew that Colin had to be there to help, but his bacca instincts didn't.

Mitch giggled breathily, taking the phone with trembling hands and dialling Colin, blowing a kiss to his mate as Jerome stalked out the room, hurrying to the twins room to wake them up.

"Jacks, Alec, wake up." he muttered, shaking his almost teen sons gently, Alec was the first to groan and pop his head up groggily, Jackson following seconds later.

"Papa? Wha's goin' on?" Jackson mumbled, yawning loudly, and Jerome flicked on the light switch, running a hand through his hair.

"Dad's gone into labour, and I need you two to stay downstairs for a bit, just until he baby's born. One of your uncles is coming down so promise me you'll be good for him." Jerome said softly, his sons eyes widening, before they nodded in unison, huge grins on their faces, wide awake now.

"Can't we go with you? I want to see dad and the baby." Alec whispered, his big brown eyes, that came straight from Mitch, almost pleading, as Jerome shook his head.

"I'm sorry, bud. But you and your brother can go and see him until your uncle gets here, alright?" he asked, and both boys nodded, flying out of their beds and hurrying to the door, waiting for their papa, buzzing with excitement.

Jerome led them out and towards the master bedroom, pausing outside and turning to his sons.

"Ok, now be careful with your dad. He may be a little sore, so be gentle if you want to pet his tummy this time." he instructed carefully, both boys nodding quickly, and Jerome chuckled, opening the door and stepping in.

Mitch looked up from his position leaning against the bed on the floor, his belly supported by two pillows stacked on the floor beneath him, and smiled weakly as the twins hesitantly shuffled over, looking curious and anxious, probably smelling the pain radiating off their dad.