Ace of Hearts

This ones a lil something from the Merome Clan! ^^ Enjoy!

*

Alec had been suspiciously quiet for the past few days, Jackson noted.

It started at the end of the week on Friday, when he walked over to their lockers in a daze, cheeks pink and pretty zoned out. Jackson put it down to Friday night relief. It could turn even the most energetic person into a zombie after all. Uncle Adam was living proof of that.

He ignored the strange behaviour on the weekend, Alec blank or zoned out most of the time. Must be stress over some test, he thought.

But, by the time Tuesday came around, and Alec was still walking around like a living corpse, Jackson finally became concerned.

Why was his brother acting so weird?

He watched him around school, sitting with him in the lessons they had together, and generally looking out for him whenever he could.

Was he being bullied? Was there someone threatening him?

The thought made Jackson's blood boil, gritting his teeth as he waited for Alec to come out of his English class to go home. If someone was hurting his little brother, then they were in for a world of pain.

A few minutes after the bell rang, Alec walked out, clutching a piece of paper in his fist, a pink blush on his cheeks as he hurried out, almost running into Jackson in his attempt to escape.

"Oof! Jeez, dude, what's got you all worked up?" Jackson grumbled, pulling  an apologetic looking Alec out the building, making the short journey home in almost silence.

Jackson glanced over to his brother and noticed he still had the paper held tightly in his hand, a strange expression on his face as he walked, not looking at Jackson. Something was definitely wrong, he thought.

When they got home, Alec immediately ran to his room, slamming the door before Jackson had even taken his shoes off. He sighed, running a hand through his hair. He bit his lip, looking towards the stairs anxiously, before sighing, tentatively padding up the stairs to his twins room, opening the door and peering in.

"Al?" he whispered, seeing his brother curled up on his bed, staring at the ceiling blankly.

He stepped in, closing the door behind them and carefully lowering himself down onto the bed, picking at the edge of his sleeve nervously, not sure how to go about this.

"Al, what's going on, man? You've been, uh, weird for a few days now, and to be honest I'm getting kinda worried." he eventually stuttered out, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. He wasn't good with this kind of thing, his dad was so much better.

Alec sighed, sitting up and moving so he was sat next to his brother, legs crossed, the piece of paper from earlier limp in his hands. He stared down at it, brow furrowed, the room silent in thought.

"I don't know. I'm sorta confused about it myself really." he muttered, turning the paper over a couple of times, before opening it, eyes skimming over its contents.

"T-there's this guy... and we've kinda of been flirting? I'm not sure what to call it really." he rambled, running a hand through his hair, face clouded with confusion.

Jackson quirked an eyebrow, a little surprised to learn about this potential love interest of his brothers. Huh, so he's got a crush, he mused to himself, turning his attention back to his mystified brother.

"He's in my English and maths classes. We started talking after a project a few weeks ago, and it kind of snowballed from there after he laughed at my Shakespeare joke. Guys a total bard, I swear. We texted a lot about random shit, and sometimes pass notes in class - don't give me that look, only dad can do that look." he hissed at the pointed look from his brother about notes in class, glaring at Jackson with little venom. Jackson shrugged, smirking a bit before gesturing him to continue.