The Pics Don't Lie

Lil oneshot, with some Lorcan and Roo cuteness, plus embarrassing dads :3 Enjoy!

*

Lorcan sighed, sinking into his bed and covering himself in the duvet, groaning as the muscles in his back relaxed for the first time that day.

To say it had been hectic would be an understatement.

He had gotten very little sleep the night before, his baby brother whimpering and crying most of the night, keeping the entire household up.

He was colicky, and fussy, and each time he was passed to Lorcan, he would start bawling his eyes out, until his daddy or papa took him back. Not the best start to being a big brother, but he couldn't complain. He was too tired to moan about it.

Just as he closed his eyes, resting his head back on the soft pillows, the small shred of peace that lingered was, quite literally, shattered by his brother.

Wailing and crying erupted in his ears, his room just across the hall from his brothers nursery, and he groaned, snapping his eyes open and gritting his teeth, hearing Ronan scream and caterwaul.

He sat up groggily, shuffling into his slippers and standing out of bed, staggering over to his door and wrenching it open, crossing the hall and peering into the nursery, wincing a little when the noise got louder.

He edged towards Ronan's crib, looking over the edge and down at his baby brother, who was whimpering and squirming, face red and his eyes watery and fixed on Lorcan's face, wails subsiding just a bit when he saw his brother.

Lorcan sighed, reaching into the crib and scooping up his brother - knowing it would probably only make him scream more, but never the less - and began rocking him, holding him against his chest and rubbing his back, as he had seen his dad do to calm Roo down before.

"C'mon little man, what's up." he mumbled, not feeling any wetness in his diaper, and he wasn't trying to latch onto his fingers like he would when he was hungry - his dad had given him some valuable baby advice a few days after Ronan was born.

Roo just continued to fuss, crying and wriggling unhappily, and Lorcan was amazed that his parents hadn't woken up yet.

He looked over to the baby monitor, and groaned when he saw the little red light in the corner was off, signalling that it wasn't switched on. His parents room was soundproofed, so no wonder they couldn't hear it.

He pursed his lips, feeling a little out of his depth, looking down at his brother while he looked up at him, long thick lashes damp with tears.

He wracked his brain, trying to come up with something that would help soothe the grumpy little baby, who's face was scrunched up, ready for a fresh bout of tears. Lorcan balked, and began humming, a nervous habit, bouncing Ronan a little as he thought desperately what to do.

"Don't do this to me, Roo, please. You want me to sing? Want your teddy? No? Oh, jeez, this is hard." he half mumbled, running his free hand through his hair, letting it fall back against his forehead. It was far from on fleek at stupid-o-clock in the morning.

He padded over to the rocking chair in the corner of the room, smiling a little when he remembered the pictures of his dad rocking him when he was a baby in that chair.

He sat down, lying Ronan down on his chest, keeping two hands on him to support him, remembering how his papa had held him the day Roo was born, perched next to his sleeping dad.

"Alright, sprout, go to sleep. I'm tired as fuck and so will you be, which means  you'll be fussy and cranky in the morning. If you go back to sleep, then when you're older, I'll show you how to open the hexed cookie jar without dad finding out, ok?" he said, Ronan staring at him blankly, big blue eyes locking with his own.