Chapter 28

9k! Thank you guys for everything, you keep me going. To celebrate, the first three comment will get a dedication. I know it's not a long chapter, but I hope you enjoy it. Love you guys!

My watch lit up and marked three in the morning as it start beeping nonstop. It was time, finally.

I had been staring at the roof for the past four hours, not being able to fall asleep. A million thoughts were accumulated on my head and laying in bed didn't make it better.

I got up on my feet quickly, trying not to interrupt my sibling's sleep with the crunching sound of my overused bed. I took a look around the tent, the sun hadn't come up yet and clarity was nowhere to be found. My feet moved around in circles as I waited for him.

One of the sides of the tent slightly opened, revealing a guy standing beside it.

"You ready?" He said in a low tone.

My heart started racing a hundred miles per hour, was I ready?

I turned one last time to see Colton and Avery on their beds. The spark provided by the stars lighted their faces perfectly and gave me the chance to look at them one last time before I left. My heart was stronger and I couldn't help myself but to kiss them both on their foreheads.

"I hope to be back soon, don't worry," I whispered, more to myself than to them.

I adjusted my black jacket on my body one last time, "Y-yeah, let's go."

I followed his steps out of the tent. There were a couple of guys with guns patrolling the area, but apart from that the area was deserted. Not even the sound of insects could be heard that morning.

Ben took a couple steps farther from the tent and squat on the place, no hesitation.

"Ben..." I said.

"We already talked about this, you don't have my extremely cool superpowers. It's too far away for you to just walk," Ben told me, keeping himself in the same position.

A chuckled escaped my lips as I threw my body over his back. Ben immediately got up, not giving me time to adjust my position. I placed my arms around his neck as his hands moved to my thighs and held them up for support.

Wow, okay. Guess it's necessary... otherwise I would fall on my butt - I thought.

It was going to be a long piggy-back ride.

_________

We had been discussing the revolution with the red eye Skitter for a long time. The Skitter had a really good point and I supported the movement a hundred percent. We would have lasted at least four more hours, but someone interrupted us.

"Someone's here" - The red Skitter said through our connection.

I turned to look at Ben, his skin was getting pale.

Ben got a gun from a corner, "I placed it here when I came for recognition."

I nodded my head, not knowing what to do.

"Go behind there," Ben motion me to go behind a wall.

"Ben! Emily!" It was Tom's voice.

"Dad? Just, just go away!" Ben screamed as he held a gun tightly against his chest.

All I did was keeping my body against the wall, not even breathing at the moment.

"Ben, it's me, Ricky. I brought them here."

"Why would you do that?" Ben asked with hatred in his voice.

"Because he needs their help. Otherwise he'll die and everything he has work for would be lost," Ricky responded calmly.

Ben got out from his hiding and got between Tom and the red eye Skitter, "I'm not gonna let you hurt him."

Ben pointed the gun to his own father.

"Hurt who, Ben?"

The Skitter, that was hiding behind, moved his legs and started talking his own language.

Tom pointed at it with his gun.

"No! Please, Tom, don't hurt him," I yelled and stood between Tom and the red eye Skitter. My hands were up in the hair and tears were coming down my face.

"Emily?" He was in disbelief, "I know this Skitter! He was in the ship with me, he tried to kill me."

The red eye Skitter talked once again, but this time a cold wave came across my spine.

I could see and hear everything, but everything I did was actually me.

"I saved you professor, I saved you from death. You know this to be true," It was my voice that was been heard, but the Skitter was the one doing the talking, "We must talk it's urgent you understand, so put down your weapon."

Tom held his weapon to the Skitter, but kept his gaze on me. He was slightly shaking and his expression showed extremely confusion.

"Dad, if we don't help... he's dead," Ben said, desperately trying to convince his father that helping the 'enemy' was actually a good idea.

"I know it is difficult to understand, but we're fighting the same enemy," My voice came out once again.

"Stop! Stop talking!" Tom screamed and pointed once again at the Skitter as he took a couple steps foreword defensively.

"Many lives have been sacrificed, Tom Mason and many more-" I started talking, but something stopped me from continuing.

It felt like someone had disconnected me, all the energy was drained out of my body. I tried to keep my legs steady, but next thing I know I collapse on the hard floor.

Don't forget to vote and comment!