Chapter 30

Sorry, for not being updating, but for the next couple of months I'll be updating very often. Hope you like this chapter! #Haily

"Dammit, Move!" Weaver shouted once again, since neither, Tom nor I moved, not that I had a choice...

"No," Tom responded without hesitation, he was going to defend what he believed in.

I couldn't speak or move, but panic started building inside me. Weaver's hand grabbed his gun tighter, was ready to shoot and I had no doubt about that.

Suddenly, a wrenching sound made everyone look towards the cage. The Skitter had freed himself and was then moving through the walls, trying to escape.

Ricky came out of nowhere and start screaming to the men, so they wouldn't shot the Skitter, but it didn't help much. Gunshots start hitting everywhere, until one landed on Ricky's chest, as he shield the Skitter from the men around them. He immediately hit the floor as blood came out of his chest. All men went behind the Skitter, leaving just Tom and me there.

The Skitter got out just in time, making my spikes stop glowing. Dizziness took control over my body, but I still tried to move to where Ricky was, I wanted to help him. I stumbled a little, but I finally made my way to Ricky.

Most of his white shirt was now covered in blood and drops of sweat came down his face. I quickly put pressure on the wound on his chest preventing more blood from coming out. Soon, my hands became extremely wet and were completely covered with Ricky's blood.

"Ricky! Don't do this to me, we need you!" I screamed as I applied even more pressure to where he was shot.

Ricky's eyes closed as his head fell to his side lifelessly.

"Emily, he's gone," Tom said.

"No!" I kept my hands in place.

He can't do this to us! What about the plan? - This  thoughts built up in my head.

"Emily..." He moved towards me and placed his hand gently on my shoulder, but I moved it away abruptly.

"Em?" Another voice said.

"H-he can't be d-dead."

My body began shaking, but I took a deep breath as I tried to hold in the tears.

"Everything is going to be fine, but you need to let Ricky go. There's nothing you can do," Hal whispered into my ear.

"B-but-"

I was interrupted by two strong arms wrapping around my body. His warm breath hit my neck and made me relax. After a minute or so, he took my hands in his.

He lifted me up from the ground, but I was so tired that to protest wasn't even an option. All I did was bury my face in his chest and cry a little against his body.

I don't know what would I do without him

Hal took me to his truck and lay me down in the right seat, "Stay here, I'll be back."

He kissed my forehead and closed the door. 

I can use some alone time. It is just that... everything happened so fast. 

All the memories of what happened that day repeated over and over in my head, but I was finally interrupted by the driver's door opening. 

Hal gave me a reassurance smile and climbed on the driver seat. He handed me a cloth and I cleaned the dry blood on my hands.

"Weaver ordered everyone to move out. I helped Colton and Avery packing everything, the things are in the back of the truck. The kids are in the medbus with Lourdes, Anne, and Matt. I made sure they know you're fine." 

Hal placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed it slightly.

"Thanks, Hal. I don't know what would I do without you," I said as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I love you."

I looked into his chocolate brown eyes and butterflies went wild on my stomach, just like the first time I laid eyes on him.

"I love you too," I said before kissing his lips.

______

We had been in the truck for almost two hours until we finally arrived to the hospital. 

Hal opened my door and helped me out, "I need to go talk with my dad, but I'll go find you as soon as I'm finished."

I nodded with a smile and start taking our things out the truck.

"Need help?" Ben said as he walked towards me. 

His eyes were puffy, but he kept a smile on his face.

"A little," I smiled at him.

"Hey, about Ricky, we need to keep the plan moving, he would have wanted that."

"Okay, maybe we could talk later about it," I told him.

"Sure," Ben nodded his head and grabbed most of our things. 

"Thanks," I  grabbed the things left.

"Where to?" He asked.

"No ide-" I was cut off out of nowhere by another voice.

"My room. It's the number 102," Hal said and took the things I had in my hands.

Ben gave me a weird look as if he was asking me what to do, but I had the same expression on my face.

Hal gave a defiant look to his brother, but Ben just turned around and start walking towards the entrance of the hospital.

"There's not enough room. You were actually going to sleep in the same room as some random dude, but I wasn't going to let that happen. I talked to my dad and now you are going to sleep with me." 

"But what about-"

"And Avery and Colton are going to stay with Matt in another room."

I opened my mouth, but Hal talked once again.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Their room is right next to ours, so if they need anything or they have a nightmare we are seconds away."

"You have everything planned out, don't you?" I laughed.

Hal looked around for a second and gave a quick peck on my cheek.

"Anything for my beautiful girlfriend," He said with a huge grin on his face.