Chapter 31

Hi! I'm really excited with this chapter and I hope you enjoy reading it. Last week I finally finished this school year, so the updates will continue in the normal schedule (Mondays). Love you guys!

I woke up to Hal mumbling nonsenses against my ear although he was obviously asleep. His warm breath collided against my skin and sent chills all over my body. My arms were around his body while my head rested on his chest, making me hear every one of his slow heartbeats. The warmth coming from his body made me feel safe and at home. I wouldn't have changed that for anything.

My head turned up slightly, giving me a better look of his features. All his face muscles were relaxed, a few cuts could be seen on his chin, and a bruise on his forehead. My index finger ran over his dimpled cheek, then his black hair, and his soft lips. He looked so peaceful in his sleep.

I am the luckiest girl in the world because I can wake up every morning next to him

My body turned on the bed, so my face could be inches away from his. An innocent smile appeared on my face as I kissed his cold nose. He didn't move a muscle, so I did it again. Nothing.

A sighed came out of my mouth as I rolled my eyes. I pulled the covers back and pushed myself up the bed, but I didn't go far because Hal grabbed my waist and pulled me back down.

"No," Hal mumbled with his eyes still closed.

"Oh, so now you wake up," I chuckled, "You're going to be late for your rounds again."

He buried his head on my neck as he started kissing it softly. Kiss after kiss, my heartbeat accelerated.

"Hal..."I said trying to move, but it didn't work as he still had his arms around me.

"Hal," I repeated, but this time with excitement in my voice.

He continued kissing my skin and my hands traveled down his back.

"I- I think w-we should-" I couldn't talk, he had that terrible effect on me.

Hal didn't respond, but he let me go, not before kissing me one last time on the lips.

I got out of the bed and more goosebumps formed in my body, it was freezing.

"Hal?" I asked as I walked a few steps towards the table in front of me.

"Hmm?" He said with his raspy morning voice.

"Can I borrow your jacket?"

"Sure," I was facing the opposite way, but I could hear the covers moving.

I grabbed his black jacket from the chair and placed it over my cold body. I took a breath and inhaled his scent from all over the jacket.

A few steps were heard until a couple of strong arms hugged me from behind.

"You look smoking hot," He whispered on my ear.

I turned my face towards his, "I know."

Hal laughed and turned me around with his hands on my hips.

"How did you slept?"

"Great, thanks to you."

"Two weeks and I still don't get used to waking up next to you."

"Me too," I said and placed my hand on his cheek as he closed his eyes.

"I hate to do this, but I need to go. Maggie's gonna kill me," Hal said.

"I know," I walked to where my cloth was and took out my jeans, plain gray shirt, and boots, "When will you be back?"

"Don't really know, Em."