Luke

Brooklyn turned on her heel and ran around the corner. "Brooklyn!" Jake called, hurrying after her. Everyone else was close behind. Brooklyn was muttering under her breath, "She can't be gone, she can't be gone, she can't be gone." Jake grabbed her arm, "Brooklyn, calm down. We need to contact Chiron, ask him for advice."
"Yes, yes, I know we need to do that, but..." her voice faded and she avoided everyone's eyes.
"But what?" I said, "This is what we have to do!"
"We don't have to do anything!" she snapped. Brooklyn let out a sigh and put her head in her hands. We all stood silently, cars zooming past, the distant sound of fire trucks heading our way. "Fine. Contact Chiron, tell him where we are and what happened, I'm going to keep looking for Skylar." Brooklyn finally said, standing and marching to the corner.

"You shouldn't go alone," Diamond said calmly, "A few of us should go while the others contact him."
"I don't care," she muttered, "Do what you want." She disappeared around the corner. Lily and Arizona rushed after her, and Jake started to follow, but I grabbed his arm. "I think this is a girl thing. Just let them talk it out, or whatever it is they do." He nodded.

"So, who knows how we're supposed to contact camp?" I asked. For some reason, even though Brooklyn was technically in charge, I still felt like I had a commanding attitude. Besides, I am ten seconds older than her.

"I've been at camp a little longer than you all," Jake stated, "and I've only ever done this once. It's called iris messaging. Basically, you throw a drachma in a mist if water and say, 'Oh, Iris, goddess of the rainbow, please except my offering. Show me blank.' Then, an image will form in the mist if what you asked to see."

I smiled, "Dad's told me about this."

"Alright, well, Luke you're gonna have to make the mist," Charlie pointed out. I nodded, "Do you have a drachma?" He dug around in his bag and pulled out a small bag of gold coins. "Perfect."

Charlie handed one to Jake, and I closed my eyes and held out my hands, focusing on the steady stream of water coming from the hydrant. It changed from a jet to a fine mist, just enough for a rainbow. I opened my eyes as Jake through the drachma into the mist, and it sunk into the concrete.

He started to say, "Iris, goddess of the rai-" I cut him off, "Oh, Fleecy, do me a solid, show me Chiron at Camp Half-Blood." Jake turned, eyes wide. "What're you doing?" I just shushed him as the form of a centaur came into view. He pulled back an arrow.
"Chiron!" Charlie called out. The arrow flew as Chiron jumped. Startled, he turned and noticed us. "Oh no, what's happened? What's going on? Where are the other five?"

"TThat's a tricky question, see, we know where four are," Charlie hinted.

"Where are they?" Chiron demanded.

"Looking for the fifth," Charlie cringed, "Man, it sounds worse when you say it."

"Oh dear, who's gone?"

"Skylar." Jake told him.

"There was a Chimera. It came and grabbed her before it ran away." Charlie added. Chiron covered his face with his hands, "There's nothing to do but continue on to Florida."

"But-" I protested, "We can't just leave her!"

"If there's no trail or scent, how do you expect to find her?" Chiron questioned. No one said anything. "Carry on with the plan. Skylar is a fighter, if you can't find her she will find you. Good luck." Chiron waved his hand through the mist and disappeared. "Let's go get the girls," I said, "We're going to Florida."