Brooklyn

This guy was a weirdo. He stopped this girl because "her shoe was untied." I looked down at mine, they weren't tied. Dang it I'm in first! So I stopped and bent down. I heard a scream. Pulling out my dagger, I turned. The girl was pinned against a tree with a dagger dripping poison attached to her shirt, which kept her against the tree. She was a demigod and that guy was a monster. Where is he? Then, I was pushed from behind and ended up right beside the girl. "Well that answers my question," I muttered under my breath.

A limb snapped. Uh oh. He's coming, I thought, but instead of the monster it was Luke, followed by Mom and Dad. "What's going in here?" he asked. I tried to make a signal but dad beat me by a hair. "Luke! Duck your head!" A dagger was stuck in the tree inches from my face. I ripped it out and handed it to the girl as I helped her up. "Thanks, what is that thing?" she asked with curiosity. I thought for a moment, but once again, Dad beat me to it, "A manticore, evil, nasty, dirty little pile of schist if you ask me." he said in reply. I cracked a smile. "So what's your nam-" I was cut off by a growl, the manticore jumped from the trees.

We immediately made a circle around the girl and pulled out our weapons. "Split up! Brooklyn, stay with her!" Mom whispered. I nodded. Mom counted down and we shot to the left, quickly circling the manticore. He hissed and turned in circles. His eyes focused on the girl and he pounced. "Watch out!" I screamed but he was already on top of her. I raced over to her and grabbed him by his neck, I ripped him off her and saw that a dagger was in his neck. I smiled as he turned to dust. "Congratulations, you have killed your first monster." Mom said.

"Come on let's get to camp," Dad said.

"What about the race?" I questioned.

"I'm sure the mist took care of it. Now lets go!" Mom called Argus to come pick us up. I looked at the girl, "So what's your name?" I asked.

"Lily White," she said, peering at me with dark brown eyes like dirt, "What's yours?"

"I'm Brooklyn, that's Luke, my twin, and these are my parents, Percy and Annabeth, we're the Jackson's."