Luke

I thought Lily was pretty cool. She already killed a monster with it's own weapon. I still haven't killed a monster! When we pulled into camp, she had already asked at least a thousand questions. Brooklyn answered all of them, with some help from Mom, she and Lily were immediately best friends. I could tell. We walked up the hill up to Thalia's tree. Lily's eyes widened when she saw the dragon curled around it. "Welcome to camp!" Brooklyn said in a cheery voice, "one of the safest places on earth." I heard Lily take in a breath. This was a great view of the fields, creek, and woods, it was beautiful. "Race you down!" Brooklyn yelled. I followed her and Lily down, and of course, I was last.

We walked into the big house with Lily and quickly found Chiron. "Chiron, this is Lily White. She's a demigod, but we didn't see a saytr anywhere," Mom announced. Chiron's eyebrows furrowed, "No saytr?" he turned to Lily, "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood! Make yourself at home. How was the race?" She looked at her feet, "It was great until that... what's it called... a manticore attacked us," she answered quietly. "A manticore?"

"Yeah, but then Brooklyn handed me a knife and I stabbed it in the neck."

"Well, congratulations! Luke, why don't you give her a tour of camp, I have archery lessons as does Brooklyn." I nodded, "Of course." He stood up, "Come Brooklyn, we need to work on your shot."

I led Lily around to the fields, rock wall, creek, dining pavilion and finally the cabins. "This is where I stay," I said, pointing to cabin three. "So your dad is Poseidon! I thought you said his name was Percy?" she questioned. I laughed and shook my head, "My grandfather is Poseidon, and my grandmother is Athena," She looked confused. "I know, it's kinda confusing," I said. We walked around and looked at all the cabins, I kept walking then realized she wasn't beside me. I turned and saw her standing in front of the Demeter cabin. I ran up to her, "What are you doi-" I started to say but then stopped when she picked up some dirt and a little pink lily, the flower not the person, bloomed from the dirt. "How'd you do that?" I questioned, looking into her wide brown eyes and saw that she was just as surprised as I was. Then, a glowing flower appeared above her head.

"What are you staring at?" she snapped at me. I pulled out my sword and she looked at her reflection. "Whoa!" she stuttered. "We need to get you to Chiron," I said as I grabbed her arm, pulling her towards the archery range. "Wait, stop! What does that mean?" she asked as she wrenched her hands out of my grip, "Am I sick or something?" I sighed, "No. It means you're a daughter of Demeter."

We walked into the archery range and up to Chiron. "Hello Luke, Lily. Are you here for archery practice?" I shook my head, "Show him what you showed me." She sighed and picked up some dirt. Chiron observed with questioning eyes. A rise blossomed from the dirt and the flower appeared above her head again. Chiron bowed, "Daughter of Demeter, welcome to camp."

Brooklyn jogged over with some guy. "Hey Lily. Hey Luke. This is Jake. A son of Hermes." I raised my eyebrows, "Like, Jake from State Farm?" He laughed as Brooklyn rolled her eyes. "Yeah I get that a lot," he said,

"Nice meeting you, but I gotta shoot a little longer." I turned to take Lily to the arena, but she wasn't beside me, instead she had picked up a bow, notched an arrow, and let go. The arrow flew through the air and landed right in the middle of the dot.