Luke

"You're a natural!" Chiron called out after her. She blushed. "My dad used to have a bow," she said. Then her eyes widened. "My dad! I didn't come back from the race! He probably has all of NYPD looking for me!" she said in a panicked voice. Chiron chuckled, "Don't worry! I've contacted your father, he knows what's going on," he said. I laughed, "Come on Flower Girl. Let's go get you a weapon."

"Flower Girl? Seriously?" Lily asked as we walked to the forgery. "Yeah, Demeter, flowers, and harvest, you know," I answered. We stopped at the door and I pulled it open. "Ladies first," I said dramatically. She just rolled her eyes and stepped inside. "Hey Charlie!" I called. My best friend poked his head from behind a pillar where he was standing in a fire with a disheveled sword in hand. Lily stepped back cautiously. "Hey Luke, what can I do for ya?"

"She needs a weapon, preferably a bow."

"Daughter of Apollo?"

"Na... Demeter, but she has quite the shot." He nodded. "Demeter huh? Well I found this covered in dirt the other day. I know it's a weapon but I don't know how to activate it."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a golden disk about the size of a drachma and handed it to Lily. "I'm sorry I didn't catch your name," Charlie asked politely. "Lily White," she answered extending hand, clearly gotten over the fact that his pants where on fire. "Nice to meet you. Try that disk there, my dad couldn't even figure it out!" I looked up at him in shock, "Not even your dad?" I asked. He shook his head. The next thing we knew Lily was holding a bow and a quiver of arrows on her back.

"How'd you do that?" I asked. She shrugged, "I just pressed it up against my palm and then I was holding this," she said holding up the bow. "It must have to be activated by a Demeter child," Charlie said. Lily nodded, "I guess so. But how'd it know I wanted a bow?"

"I got an idea. Put it back into the disk form then push it into your hand, but don't think about a bow," Charlie commanded, "but don't push it against your hand until I say go." Lily nodded again. Then, he whispered in my ear, "Charge at her." I looked over at him, "What?"

"Just do it!" he begged. I shook my head but pulled out my sword. I got in position, and charged.

Lily's eyes widened, but didn't pull out her weapon. She looked at Charlie but he didn't say go until I was about to crash into her. "Go!" he yelled. She pushed it against her hand but instead of her bow, she held a shield and pushed it into me just before I ran into her. My head slammed into the shield and I crumpled to the ground and the world was black.

I woke up in the infirmary with Lily and Charlie hovering over me. "How'd you get a shield Flower Girl?" I croaked, rubbing my head and sitting up. She looked at her shoes, "It gives me what I need at the moment, you were about to run into me so it gave me a shield," she explained. I looked at the disk in her hand, "Wow, that's awesome."

"Yeah, well I gotta go to my cabin."

"I'll show you the way," I offered.

"That's okay, I know where they are."

"Oh, okay," I hope she didn't hear the disappointment in my voice. She walked away. I looked over at Charlie, "Why are you looking at me like that?" He smirked, "Someone's in love!" he sang. I rolled my eyes, "Luke and Lily, sittin in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

"What are you, a preschooler?"

*******^******************

A/N: This update is kinda short but I have a long one planned for the next update. I hope you like it. OK. I have to say this, I was reading some comments from a different book, the writer asked about problems we had in our life. A lot of them were really sad. My English teacher told me this: everyone that has faced a problem, a major problem, somewhere in their life is a great writer. So if anyone that is reading this has had an insecurity, try writing poems or a story based on you life, just use fictional characters and let your feelings out. Sorry, had to say that. My rant is over. READ ON...