Brooklyn

On my 12 birthday my parents sat me and my brother down and said, "Do you remember the stories we told you when you were little."

"The ones about the Greek Gods?" Luke asked. He was tall, with blond shaggy hair and sea green eyes. He was extremely immature but could be smart when he needed to be. On the other hand, I had black curly hair, was average height, and gray eyes. I was smart and thought that my dad and brother were ridiculous. "Yes... Well, they're true."

I stared at my parents while Luke rolled on the floor laughing. I locked eyes with my mom and looked into her gray eyes exactly like mine, then glanced at dad, who was frowning at Luke. "Luke! Get off the floor, Mom and Dad were talking to us!" I yelled. He sat on the couch, wiped the tears out of his eyes and said, "That was the best joke I've ever heard!"

" Can't you see Luke? It's not a joke!" I said.

"What?"

"Your sister's right Luke," mom said calmly. "I don't understand what that has to do with us though," I said.

" You're demigods. Part god, part human."

"Uhh...question, which one of you is a god and which one is human?" Luke asked.

"Well, you all are different. You are second generation heroes."