Fourth of July

"Kids be careful!" A mother's warning voice shouted out but the children ignored her as they continued to run around with their newly lit sparklers.

"I'm gonna get you!" Camila cried as her little curly pigtails bounced off her back with every single step that she took.

"Not if I get you first Camzi!" Lauren laughed as she ran after her as fast as she could, they headed over into the woodsy area behind her house, far away from the watchful eyes of their over-protective mothers.

"Fat chance Lolo!" Camila screamed back at her as she ran as fast as her little legs could carry her.

"Don't call me that!" Lauren hated that nickname with a passion, now Camila was really going to get it.

"Don't be such a crybaby Lolo!" Camila couldn't help but laugh as she turned around and saw Lauren's little pouting face.

"Shut up Camila!" Lauren's face grew red with anger upon hearing that stupid nickname once again.

"Make me," Camila turned around and quickly stuck her tongue out at Lauren as she began to skip around her. "Lolo!" She added for good measure.

"Stop!" Lauren yelled and charged at her with all of her might.

"Owwwww!" Camila's piercing scream filtered the air as she fell backwards. Immediately the tears began to fall as she felt a burning sensation on her knee. "Oww, oww, oww," she cried.

"I told you not to call me that anymore," Lauren said triumphantly as she stood up. "Now who's the crybaby?"

"What happened!?" Clara and Sinu seemingly appeared out of nowhere, a trait that all mothers possessed.

"Lau...," Camila cried as she tried to get the words out. "Lauren burned me!"

"Lauren!" Clara immediately began to yell at her young daughter. "How could you do that? Do you know how dangerous playing with sparklers is? You apologize to Camila right now."

"Oh sweetie," Sinu rushed to her daughters side and examined her knee. "Mila, it's not that bad."

"Mommy...it...it hurts so much," Camila sobbed into her mother's loving arms.

"Mija, you'll be alright. Clara, do you have a first aid kit?" Sinu turned to her friend.

"Yeah, of course, its inside," Clara turned away from her daughter to see what was going on with her best friend and her daughter. "Is she alright?"

"Oh yeah, she's fine," Sinu replied as she rubbed her daughter's back.

"No I'm not!" Camila screamed.

Sinu rolled her eyes and mouthed the words 'drama queen' to Clara. "It just looks like a little scratch."

"Let me go that first aid kit, I'll be right back Camila," Clara hurried off in the direction of her house.

"Camila, I'm sorry," Lauren said quietly, she had been standing off on the side. She felt really bad; she had never intended for her to really get hurt. She just made her so mad and she had to do something about it.

"I don't forgive you," Camila huffed as she lifted her head off her mother's chest.

"Karla Camila Cabello, that was not nice at all," Sinu glared at her daughter. "Now Lauren has just apologized to you, that is no way to treat her."

"But she hurted me badly!" Camila yelled.

"And she's very sorry, aren't you Lauren?" Sinu looked to the little girl who was visibly just as upset as Camila about the situation.