for crying out loud (settle down)

"New news on the yearbook front," Dinah hummed, sitting herself down in between her four friends in the cafeteria and placing down a few draft pages of the new 2017 Miami Palmetto Senior High School year book. "We have the hottest couple of the year narrowed down, nearly."

Normani reached over and picked up one of the pages, jaw dropping in offense at the picture that stared back at her. "Wait, Camila and Lauren are Hottest Couple?!" she exclaimed as Ally leaned over her shoulder to get a good look.

"We are?" Lauren questioned in surprise, stretching over and grabbing the page to look over.

"Aw, thanks DJ!" Camila beamed at her best friend, looking down at the page in her girlfriend's hands. "That's so sweet."

Normani scowled from across the table, gripping the bench she was sitting on until her knuckles turned white. "Were Ally and I even considered? What the hell Dinah?"

Ally frowned, gently prying Normani's hand off the bench and taking it into both her hands to soothe her. "I agree, I think we're pretty hot, DJ."

"Well obviously not as hot as Camz and I," Lauren countered, waving the yearbook page tauntingly with a mischievous glint in her eye.

Dinah merely shrugged, stealing the plate of cheese fries off Camila's tray and indulging, mumbling through a full mouth, "Aye, don't blame me, blame the student body. They've been voting for Camren."

Camila was too delighted at this news to really care that Dinah just jacked her food, cooing happily. "Aw, we got fans babe!" She threw her arms around her girlfriend's neck and planted a big kiss onto a laughing Lauren's cheek.

Normani scoffed in irritation at that, glaring at the giggling couple across from her. "Fuck you and your fans!" she shot up from the bench and grabbed her bag. "C'mon Ally!"

The short girl watched bewildered as her girlfriend grabbed her hand; with her free one she managed to grab her own backpack before Normani pulled her up from her seat. "Where are we going?"

"To get more fans!" and with that she dragged Ally out of the cafeteria in an angry fit.

"Well, someone's upset they got second place," Lauren goaded, smiling at the giggle her girlfriend let out.

--

"Hi, I'd like to join the yearbook committee." Normani smiled sweetly at the shaggy haired boy sitting on the computer working on a draft.

Harry looked up, blinking in surprise at the sickly-sweet smile she was giving him. He looked around him for a moment before looking back at Normani. "Uh, you're talking to me?"

Normani raised an eyebrow, glancing around the empty room. "Well... yeah, you're the only one here."

"Oh, yeah, I am. Well ah, you'll need to talk to the president of the committee first." Harry explained, leaning back in his chair and spinning slightly from left to right.

"Okay, well who's that?"

"Dinah Jane."

--

"Come on Dinah! You're my best friend, help a sista' out!"

Dinah rolled her eyes as she moved about the yearbook committee's office with Normani hot on her heels like a puppy dog, handing out flyers for the senior prom with reminders to get good photos. "Gurl you know I would if I could but we're full! 'Sides, I know you just wanna join to make Ally and you hottest couple and I do not condone cheating asses."

Normani scoffed, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes. "C'mon, I wouldn't do that." At the eye roll and raised eyebrow Dinah gave her, she faltered with a glare, stomping her foot. "Okay, fine, but its only because Lauren and Camila do not deserve that title. Ally and I have been together since we were in diapers, they've only been together since the start of the year!"