Five Pounds

"What are you doing?" Lauren asked, dropping her book to her chest. She admired girlfriend from behind as she flattened her pajamas against herself and examined her body from different angles in the mirror leaning against the wall.

"I put on five pounds," Camila muttered, brow furrowing. "I'm trying to find where."

Lauren swallowed a laugh and bit her lip.

Turning around, Camila narrowed her eyes at her. "Go ahead, Laur. Laugh all you want. So glad my obesity amuses you!" she exclaimed dramatically.

Rolling her eyes to himself, Lauren sighed. "Camz... You're not..." She cleared her throat to cover a laugh, "obese."

She didn't look convinced and instead turned back to the mirror. "Five pounds, Lauren. I shouldn't gain weight when we rehearse as hard as we do!" Pouting, Camila whirled around, hands cupping her boobs, "Do they look bigger to you?"

Lauren's eyebrows rose up into her hairline for a moment before she shook her head. "They look perfect. Just like the rest of you. Now will you stop worrying and just come to bed?"

"I thought you weren't finished your book," Camila raised an eyebrow back at her. "You whined all of yesterday that you needed it to know what happens with the characters. You'd think with how many times you've read it you'd know every detail by heart."

Lauren rolled her eyes, shutting her book and placing it aside. "I'm done reading, so will you come to bed, please?"

Sighing exaggeratedly, Camila tossed her hair over into a bun, frowned back at the mirror and walked toward the bed. "You're sure you don't see any extra lumps anywhere?"

Flipping up her side of the blanket invitingly, Lauren smiled at her. "I'll have to inspect thoroughly, but it's my professional diagnosis that you're just as beautiful today as you were yesterday and will be tomorrow."

Camila's expression softened for only a moment before she quickly covered it with a wave of her hand as if she could care less about her sweet words and then crawled in next to her.

Reaching out, Lauren buried her fingers in her hair, stroking it away from her forehead and temple as she stared down at her warmly. "You know you're beautiful..." She stared at her wonderingly. "So what's wrong?"

Camila's brown eyes bore into Lauren's emerald and finally the mask of indifference slipped away. "Sometimes, I think I just need to know you think so too." Her voice was quiet, acknowledging the insecurities she hid so well.

Lauren pressed a soft, lingering kiss to her cheek, her breath skittering over Camila's closed eye. "I always think so..." Her lips trailed down the side of her girlfriends face while her thumb stroked the shell of her far ear.

Camila's hand wrapped around the back of Lauren's neck, bringing her mouth up to hers. Her lips brushed hers with each word, "I think you may be the only person alive who'll stick with me even when I'm grey and ugly."

Lauren giggled softly. "That just makes me smart and lucky."

Shaking her head, Camila lifted a brow. "How do you think of these lines so quickly?"

Grinning, Lauren kissed her. With a light moan, Camila forgot all about feeling inadequate. Lauren's hands wandering all over her body made her feel like a genuine princess with an incomparable beauty. And her mouth against her ear, those warm, whispered loving words reminded her that beautiful or not, Lauren loved her for more than that. So she could be insecure about how she looked, about whether one day she'd find someone less dorky or clumsy, but deep down, she knew... Lauren was her happily ever after. And while this princess might be a little rather over-excited, ate too much, and used a horrible accent too many times, Lauren loved her still. So wherever that five pounds had found its home, she no longer cared. Lauren would just love that part of her too.