Claw Machine

"Why the fuck—"

"Language, Lauren!"

"Why the frig is it so crowded in here on Christmas Eve?"

Camila sighs, rolling her eyes at her irritated wife. "The same reason we're here, Lo. Last minute shopping because people are not organized. These are our people. We're all one in the same here."

Lauren scowls, which only comes off as more of a pout, and huffs. "We are not these types of people, Camz. You are these types of people. I finished my shopping months ago, because I am organized."

"Well, you married me, and the day you did, you and I became we," Camila retorts, placing two more tubes of wrapping paper into the cart where their three-year-old son was obediently sitting, playing with his Dinah Jane Barbie doll.

Their daughter ignores them, ducking behind Lauren to get to the toy aisle beside them as they continue to bicker. She pops up a few minutes later, smiling sweetly up at them and holding up the limited-edition Fifth Harmony Barbie dolls of her aunties Normani, Dinah and Ally, and giving them her best puppy dog eyes, "Can I get these? Please?"

Camila and Lauren pause their argument and look down at her, both rolling their eyes. "Emelina, you already have Barbies of your aunts."

Emelina pouts even harder, turning her stare to Lauren, knowing she couldn't resist her. "But I don't have these, they're limited edition! And 'sides, Leo took my Dinah doll!"

At the mention of his name and favorite aunt, Leo grins at his mothers happily, waving around his Dinah Jane, accidentally smacking Camila in the mouth with its head.

Camila begins spluttering, trying to get the dolls hair out of her mouth, "Jeez, even when she's not here Dinah injures me," she rasps.

Lauren takes the boxes from Emelina, frowning down at the miniature versions of her bandmates. "Why do you have all of them except mama and I?"

Emelina gives her a look that could only be construed as "duh", "Because, you guys are my moms, that would be weird!"

"That makes no sense Em, we should be your favorites because we're your moms," Lauren argues back.

Camila shakes her head, prying the boxes out of her wife's hands as she argues with a six-year-old. She places them on the shelf and begins pushing the cart out of the aisle, leaving behind her arguing girls.

Emelina mopes after her parents when Lauren realizes they've been left behind, looking back sullenly at the dolls on the shelf. She climbs onto the side of the cart, pouting and sulking as they continue shopping. "Can I at least try to win a toy from the claw machine at the front? Please?"

Camila hesitates for a moment, not liking the thought of her daughter going off on her own. Neither she or Lauren could go with her, they needed to finish as quickly as possible in order to make it to Ally and Normani's for their Christmas Eve dinner in time. "Okay, fine. But take mama's phone, in case you need to call us."

Grinning, Emelina hops off the side of the cart, taking Lauren's phone. "Yay! I'll be careful, promise!"

Hearing the word "toy", Leo begins squirming in his seat in an attempt to get out and go with his big sister. "Me too, me too! Toy, toy!"

At Camila's worried expression, Lauren gently squeezes her arm. "Camz, they'll be fine. Em has my phone and the claw machine is right by customer service, I doubt anything could happen to them." She unbuckles him from the little seat in the cart and places him down next to his big sister, giving Emelina a pointed look. "You'll look after your brother, right?"