Chapter 1: How We All Got Started! (Friday)

• Dedicated to Young Shante`

Chapter 1: How We All Got Started! (Friday)

Ring a ding ding!

The school bell rang and sounded off the last day of high school. I’m now at my locker cleaning out everything, because whatever I don’t take with me gets thrown away by the janitors; and I just know I’ve left some very important things in here. But these lost important things would be much easier to find if my sloppy pig of a best friend wouldn’t constantly always dump her crap in my locker. She is such a packrat; she never throws anything away. And whatever doesn’t fit into her locker gets tossed into mine. I don’t know why I never changed my lock. I guess it's because no matter what Reenee would find a way to break in somehow. She’s done it before … twice! Ok a couple of times.

 I’m sorting out everything in my locker, deciding what is trash and what isn’t. Then, right there before my very eyes I saw it; one of my lost and forgotten things at the bottom of my locker.

 “Oh my goodness, I’ve been looking for this text book since the second month of school.” Man is Reenee going to be mad I thought. I chuckled to myself as I’m holding out my Advance algebra text book. Somewhere around the second month of school I lost my algebra textbook, so I began to use Reenee’s for the remainder of the semester; and she was annoyed. This is great news that I’ve found it because now I don’t have to pay to replace the book. 

“Hey Am!” Shouted Reenee from the top of her lungs right behind me.

I covered my ears and shrieked from her unexpectedness then smiled and said, “What’s up and why you hollering?”

“News just in … Cassandra’s big graduation party may have just gotten better. From an anonymous source (CJ Detwiler) there just might be trouble in paradise between Calvoon high’s all so perfect couple, Casseve.”  She uttered in a news reporter type tone. 

Casseve or Cassandra and Steve are supposedly the hottest couple in school even though Steve graduated 2 years ago.

“Let me guess, Cassandra dumped Steve again, and over what this time? Did she catch him taking steroids so he could muster up enough speed to actually get away from her crazy ass?” I question jokingly.

“Nope. Actually Steve dumped her. Rumor is, according to CJ Detwiler she caught him kissing another girl then went ballistic.” Reenee starts to explain.

“Wait if he cheated, then why did he break up with her” I questioned confusedly.

“Hush, I’m getting to that! It turns out that Steve dumped Cassandra right after he graduated 2 yrs ago.” Reenee continued.

“No freaking way!” I exclaimed hitting Reenee playfully in her shoulder. “They broke up two years ago. We definitely have to rub this in her face at her party. This will be complete payback for stealing our parts in the musical.” I cheered rubbing my hands together schemingly like in a cartoon.

A few months ago Reenee and I decided to try out for the school musical but Cassandra and her little clone posy stole our parts. How? Well, that’s another story for another day.

“I know and that’s not all.” Reenee continued.

“There’s more?”  I was definitely wide-eyed and enthused to hear the rest of our worst enemies' bad news.

“Yeah … also for the past two years Steve has been hooking up and dating other girls in college. Cassandra has been convincing him to pretend to continue being her boyfriend just so she could look cool for dating a college man; and have a better chance at winning cutest couple in the yearbook.” 

I just stood there for a second with this devilish gleam in my eyes and my mouth wide open. I knew exactly what evil deeds to do with this information.