Chapter 3: A Graduation Ball! (Friday Night) Part 1

I walked upstairs into Reenee’s room, threw my bag down and flopped myself onto her bed.

“My back and my legs hurt from having all those shoes chucked at me. But ah, this feels so good.”

Reenee started shouting from the top of her lungs. “Am, what do you want?”

"Um, cheese its." I answer.

"What?" Reenee shouts back.

"I said cheese it." I scream back.

"What? You want a french dip. I don't think we have whatever that is."

I go to her door and shout, "I want cheese its. Cheese its. Cheese … its."

“Ok ok, no need to shout.” Reenee replies.

My heart dropped. I froze, shaken as to what to say next. I forgot how to formulate words which then is made into a sentence. Right then I was looking at Reenee's older brother, Tavan. Why has my heart dropped, just seeing him now. Well, that's because two weeks ago on prom night, my dream came true. I kissed Tavan. The problem is that right after he kissed me he walk away without saying a single word. I haven't seen him since. I've been steering clear of Reenee's house in hopes to avoid seeing him. But I was to naive to think I could avoid my best friends brother forever.

“Amethyst! Hi.” He looks shocked.

“Hey Tavan.” I say back.

I opened my mouth to say something else but no words would dare leave my lips. We were both as silent as a church-mouse staring into each other with minds as blanked as zombies. I looked away because I couldn't stand looking into his eyes anymore. I'm too afraid of what he might say.

“So, how you been?” He manage to stammer out.

“Um, good. I’ve been great.” I smiled and I felt like slapping myself. I dragged out each and every word I spoke making things even more awkward.

“That’s nice.”

I shook my head in an agreeing manner then it became silent again.

“I should go downstairs to help Reenee with the snacks. She probably has over done it and prepared a months worth a snacks just for a couple of hours.” I chuckled awkwardly.

He nods agreeing “Yeah your right. you should help her carry them all.”

I began to take my first steps down the stairs.

“Amethyst.” 

I stopped in place as he spoke my name.

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?” I ask.

“For what I did to you two weeks ago.” 

“Kissing me? No that's was ok. You weren't that bad,” I say trying to play it cool.

He smiled. "Come here. Come here."

I looked at him like he was insane. He had his arms reached in his bear hug grasp. "No, i'm not going to hug you."

"Come here and give papa "T" your love," he says playfully.

He used to do this a lot when Reenee and I were kids.

"No." I tried to get down the stairs but he grabbed me. "No. Come on, your being ridiculous."

"Just one hug and I'll leave you alone," he insist.

I couldn't help it, I gave in.

I hugged him tight. It was nice. I felt like we had closure of our not-so-fairlytale-not-love-story.

But when he pulled away. I noticed that I was pinned up against the wall and he was only inches away from my face. I know I shouldn't, we just reconciled but I have the urge to …

“So what are you two love birds up too?” Reenee finally came upstairs with two boxes of cheese its, two water bottles and two cans of soda. She could barley carry it all.

We broke apart. I could feel his and my heart both pounding with fright, thinking, does she know? We stood silent.

"What's wrong with you two. I'm just kidding. Help me carry these Amethyst before I drop them all," she says.

"Right. Ok"

I helped Reenee cary the food to her room and that was the end of Tavan and I's conversation.

***

It’s finally 8:00pm and Cassandra’s party just started. Reenee and I were putting on the finishing touches to our outfits and if I do say so myself we look absolutely hot. We're way beyond beautiful or just plain cute, we’ve broken the sexy meter. 

I was wearing a black and neon green dress with lots and lots of layers at the bottom with ruffles. My waist was tighten with a belt that was shaped like a heart with rhinestones on the buckle, giving me more of a very slim appearance. The dress was strapless and the back was pretty low cut. The front wasn't too revealing, I am still technically a minor you know, so I can only tease the boys so much. My breasts were wrought with the heart-shaped base of the dress, not exposing them, all-the-while revealing just enough to give off a sense of mystery and wonder. My heels were a shiny crisp black; they have an over-lapping design of the straps. And the heel was about 3 inches high. But don’t worry I’m not crazy, I’m bringing flats. The heels are just for show.

Reenee’s dress was just as flattering to her figure as mine. Her dress was black and cerulean blue. She had one shoulder strap. Her waist was tighten with a cerulean blue ban and her dress was a touch longer than mine. Her dress wasn't like mine at all, actually it was very slimming and tight. It was also stretchy so it was very comfortable. She looked like a supermodel to me.

“Damn girl, you look so fine right now. I think I might have my first lesbian crush,” Reenee teases then asks me to do a spin-take.

“Reenee, your words are so charismatic, I don’t even know how boys handle your personality. Heck, I don’t even know how I do it.”

Reenee started to put on her lipstick.

“Some are born with the talent and will to can handle me, that’s you! And some are born gutless, that’s every man who feels I’m too much for him.”

We both laughed. 

Reenee puts lipstick on me and finishes the rest of my make-up. I’d do it myself but the last time I made an attempt, I was known as clowny-face for two months at school. Thee most embarrassing moment of my life. 

Just before we grab our purses and left for Cassandra's graduation/birthday party