Chapter 12: There Are Others! (Saturday)

Chapter 12: There are others! (Saturday)

    "Are you sure she's not there Mrs. Jinkins."

    "I'm sure. She hasn't come home since last night. Is everything alright? I know she went out last night. But she didn't say with whom. Sometimes I swear that girl is going to be the death of me. I'm just waiting for your good examples to rub off on my daughter Amethyst. Your mother, i'm sure is very proud of the young woman you've grown up to be; unlike Reenee, she does things, I swear just to piss me off. I'm sorry, i'm didn't mean to use such foul language. I just want the best for my daughter, you know. I mean - "

    "Mrs. Jinkins, everything's alright. I was just curious if she went home yet like she promised. She slept over at my house last night. She snuck in through my window so my mom doesn't know. And I was hoping you wouldn't mention it to her."

    "Oh, I am so sorry you have to go through this Amethyst. You deserve a friend that's more respectful of boundaries and has maturity and - "

    "Sorry to cut you off Mrs. Jenkins but I have to go. Umm…uh… Topez needs my help with something."

    "Yes, of course. And when you see my daughter Amethyst, tell her god is always watching."

    "Will do Mrs. Jenkins."

    I hang up the phone then brought it back downstairs to hang up.  I swear Reenee's going to be the death of me too. I hate lying to her mother about where she goes sometimes. I fell like I'm committing the ultimate sin, mostly because her family is very religious. You would't think so with the way Reenee behaviors, but they are; and Reenee is there problem child. At least that's what Reenee tells me her mother says, but she could be exaggerating.

    I go into the kitchen to grab a drink and as soon as I close the fridge Onyx pops up playing detective...again.

    "Reenee didn't sleep over last night, liar."

    "Onyx, mind your own business. And stop listening to my phone calls." I push him aside drinking my drink and heading upstairs.

    "I wouldn't need too if your friend wasn't such a MTV reality show. Everyday she does something more impressive than the last. It's exciting."

    I get in his face. "You know maybe if you had a life of your own you wouldn't be so caught up in mines."

    "How about I tell mommy?"

    "Then I'll tell about about the time your disgusting friend went into mommy's underwear draw."

    Onyx gasp. "That's not fair, Reenee dared him to it."

    "Well mommy won't see it that way when I show her the pictures."

    Onyx made a face at me and went upstairs with his friend who was just coming downstairs at the same time.

    His friend says, "you still call your mom mommy Onyx? What a baby."

    "Shut up. You still wet the bed."

    "That only happen once. I drank 20 cups of water for a dare."

    I scurry upstairs too, but to my room. I lie down on top of my thinking about what else should I do. If Detwiler was here he could find Reenee, no problem. He is good at getting information out of people. That's why he was known as our school informational gossip guru. He knew everything about everyone and for some reason all the girls at school loved him for it. Probably because he could tell them if their boyfriends were cheating dogs and if their bff's were double crossers.