Chapter 10: Party awry! (Friday Night)

“Bye mom.”

“Bye Mrs. Fields.”

“Amethyst, wait a minute.”

“Ahh, mom.”

“Er hem.”

I groan. Muah. I hug my mom goodbye and so did Reenee. "Love you too. Can I go?”

I start to walk away without even waiting for my mom's response.

“Be safe and don’t give in to peer pressure.” Topaz adds as I slam the door shut.

"Am, I thought your sister would have grown out of that monotone attitude of her's by now. She scares me a little with her expressionless tone of voice. It's a good thing she takes after you in the looks department. She's not a total loss yet."

"Tell me about it. My mom swears she gave birth to both my sister and I, but I think one of us is adopted."

Reenee pushes my arm. "Don't be mean to your sister."

"Seriously, I mean Onyx is dork, I'm adorkable and she's…well she's Topez. She talks like the living dead but dresses like miss sunshine. What's up with that?"

"Like I said, at least she's got her appearance."

Reenee and I laugh. "And by the way Am's, speaking of weird, when are you actually going to start pronouncing your sister's name right. It's Topaz with an "A" not an "E". You should have out grown your speech problem by now."

"Shut up."

“Wow, you ladies look amazing.” 

I look up and there is Damian and Shaynen already waiting for us. Shaynen is siting on the top of the trunk and Damian is leaning off the side of the back car door.

 “Thanks!”  I said.

“I know, breathtaking aren't we.” Reenee says flipping her hair brilliantly as she's walking closer to the car. 

I nudge Reenee signaling her to stop it and to not be so cocky.

“Someone’s confidant isn't she…or is she a diva.” Shaynen states.

“Well you know what they say.”

“No, I don’t. What do they say?”

“A diva’s confidence is only measured by the dedication of her fans.”

“Well it looks like you just got one more.”

Shaynen and Reenee went back and forth with their witty banter. It’s just like Reenee to demand more followers I thought. They were smiling at each other and staring hard into each others eyes. That was when I knew it was join to be one of those nights.

We jump in the car and drove off with the boys. Damian and Shaynen were in the front and Reenee and I were in the back. The top was down so we have its of air bluing our hair in ll kinds of directions.

“So Damian what club are we going?.” I ask.

“Sinners.”

“Sinners!” Reenee and I both spit that word out with surprise. 

Sinner’s was the absolute hottest club in Calvoon City. Anyone who’s anyone goes there. Even celebrities who drive through our town are known for stopping by, big and small. I look at Reenee and she looks at me because we were both excited and disappointed at the same time. Because Sinners is so dang popular. Security is way tight. Only adults 21 and over get in and even sometimes they still turn you away because you have to look the part of the image their trying to create. The Sinners motto is, "we don't kiss and tell unless that's what you want."