Chapter 3: A Graduation Ball! (Friday Night) Part 2

"Hey, this stall is occupied. Show some respect," I say closing the stall then praying that they'll just go away.

He opened it back up. "Peek-a-boo, we still see you." The girl says.

He pulled me out of the stall. I looked scared because I had no idea what they were planning.

"You can go. She's no threat." The girl says to the guy while she's staring me down. He leaves. 

As that girl is staring at me, staring at her I realized something; she's the same girl that was staring at me earlier.

"So are you looking to get in on it?" she asks.

"In on what?" I asked.

"Come on, you must know." I shook my head accordingly. "You don't know who I - I mean I'm throwing a surprise for Cassandra."

I remained quiet. I wanted to speak but I had no idea what to say. I was thoroughly puzzled.

"I'm just planning to surprise Cassandra with a little going away present on behalf of every   member of the student body she has tortured and tormented throughout the years," the girls spoke in a malicious tone with a vindictive smile. She paces herself back and forth.

"Well, I wouldn't say Cassandra's tortured anyone. She's mean at times but - "

"I didn't ask you all of that," she says with attitude losing her composure then reseting herself.

I looked into space with thought.

"Come on, it's just a little prank. Besides, I heard what you and your little friends were saying before. You're not a fan of her either."

"Not completely, but - "

"Hey!" she interrupts by cutting me off. "All we're planning is to dump a little paint on Cassandra, then have a couple of balloons filled with paint explode all over stage and a small fireworks show. That's it," she said putting her hand comfortably on my shoulder. "So what do you say - you're in?" she smiled so beguilingly, I was easily swayed into a yes.

She didn't run over much details about how exactly the plan was going to go off; but as she unlocked the bathroom door then set off to leave she told me to tell this to none, then handed me a red button that looks like it belongs to a remote controlled car except it had a plastic square case protecting the button. She says to press it at the struck of midnight when Cassandra begins her speech.

I walk out the bathroom putting the button neatly in my purse. I thought what did I just get myself into. I thought about it as I walked myself back to the dance floor. Should I do it? I asked myself. I mean we had a plan to embarrass Cassandra at her own party too but we were just going to spread the rumor about Steve, which wasn't just a silly high school rumor, it was true. And I'm sure most people already know about that by now anyways. So it wasn't so bad.

"Get over here Am." Reenee shouts grabbing my hands then dances with me provocatively. 

I thought about it some more and I can't tell if this is too mean or not. I mean, there are times when I simply can't stand Cassandra but I'm here at her party to have fun. Besides Reenee and I completely forgot about our plan to embarrass her ourselves, we were having so much fun. But I can't help but wonder why I get such an awful vibe from that girl and I don't just mean because she wants to prank Cassandra at her own party. There's just something about her.

"Hey sexy mama, care to dance with a geek like me," a guys asks Melinda.

"I don't know my boyfriend might be jealous," she says flirtatiously.