Chapter 2: And Then We Continued....(Still Friday)

Chapter 2: And Then We Continued (Still Friday)

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard. And their like, it's better then yours. Damn right, it's better than yours. I can teach you but I have to charge. La la la la la -.

"Hey, why'd you turn the song off. It was getting to my favorite part," I said whining.

“Hurry up and get out of my car, we need to get to Sneakervilla fast!”  Reenee announces as she's ferociously stepping out of her car then storming inside the mall with her eyes glazed over like a stressed out mother. I much slowly get out of the car then run to catch up with Reenee and she looks absolutely crazy storming through the street as if she is going smack the hell out of someone. As I caught up I had a funny thought of Reenee foaming at the mouth.

“Ok ok, but why are you walking so fast? Those sneakers aren’t going anywhere. They’ll still be in the store when we get there.” I say.

“No they won’t. Melinda works across from Sneakervilla and she said there are only three pairs left and there are no more in the back. And there's only two size 7’s and a size 6 left. So I absolutely have to get those size 7’s before it’s too late.” Reenee sharply utters at me so loud people start to stare.

“Ok fine. But I don’t see the big deal Reenee. You have a million really hot, and may I add - very expensive sneakers in your closet. You have enough to even open your own sneaker store. You can call it: REENEE’S SNEAKER PALACE: WHERE YOUR FEET COULD BE LIVING LIKE KINGS.”

“One … that’s lame and two … no I do not. These sneakers are special; there from a new but not really known designer Joc’ SePaul. He’s Canadian.” Reenee bragged.

I gave Reenee a defeated look because I knew an informational story was coming on.

 “He is the only designer to use clashing colors in such a successful and complementary way that it rocks the life into hell. He uses just the right amount of everything for each and every piece he creates. He is a genius. Plus these sneakers are a limited edition and are really rare. There are only about 500 made in the U.S. He specially selected lesser known sneaker carrying stores to distribute his newest collection to give his common-fashionita-followers - like myself - a chance to experience his beauty that is "The Pleckers collection.” Reenee ran out of breath with the last word she spoke. She was talking so fast I'm afraid to ask her why the collection is called pleckers.

“Yeah yeah, I get it. I felt the same way when my favorite t-shirt designer had her limited P-Swade edition on sale for only 2 hours at Strip Search.” I reminisced.

“I remember that," Reenee interrupted. "You made me sneak out with you for six hours until the mall opened. We were so grounded when we got back home.”

***

Reenee and I finally made it to the third floor of the mall and came to an intersection. We saw the store we wanted to go into but noticed there was a huge crowd of people blocking the entrance. Just our luck, it turned out that there was a super sale in that store today.

“Ah man, how are we even going to get in the store. It’s blocked tight.” I pointed out.

Reenee looked at a text from Melinda. 

“Oh no … damn!” 

“What?” I asked.

“Melinda just texted me that there is only one pair left and it’s a size 7. Gosh darn it.”  Reenee stamped her feet cursing in her head. “Man, I knew we should of skipped the last day of school and stood in line this morning.”