Chapter 5: A Graduation Hunt! (Sunday)

“Amethyst. Amethyst. Amethyst.”

“Ah! Ooph.” I jumped onto my pillow scared out of my wits.

Topaz, Onyx and my mom all released some confetti and blew noise makers. 

“Congratulations!” They all shouted making more incredibly loud noises. At least it seemed really loud because I was just asleep. 

“Thanks guys. Now can I go back to sleep.” I said trying to snuggle my way back into bed.

My mom pulled my covers off of me. “No, you have to get ready now, your graduation is at 12.”

I pulled my covers back over my head. “So what time is it now?”

“6:30.” Topaz answered.

I popped up my head. “What? Why’d you wake me up so early?”

“Because big sister you have made it to graduation day, which means you are not a statistic. So we need to celebrate.” Topaz teased.

“Technically you still could be if somehow you were to miss walking down the aisle to receive your fake diploma.” Onyx added schemingly.

“Thanks Onyx I love your support.” I replied sarcastically.

Mom pulled out the cake she made and told me to make a wish. It’s not my birthday but this is just my mom’s way of saying she’s proud. I blew it out and made a wish but expressed to my mom that I was not gonna taste it. 

My mom loves making things with her hands; she’s good at making jewelry, making purses and craft stuff but she’s all thumbs when it comes to cooking. Wait isn’t that metaphor used for gardening. Oh who cares? No one can hear my thoughts.Topaz told me she made an extra nontoxic, mom free cake and put it in the refrigerator for me to eat later.

Mommy also handed me the necklace and bracelet she promised to give to me during graduation. And of course it was beautiful. Topaz and Onyx showed me the gifts mommy gave to them as well. Just like she said we all looked like a loving unified family. I looked at my family’s smiling faces and wished I could have this moment for life.

After debating with my mom for a bit she let me sleep for a while longer, although she did say it was my own fault for staying out all night. She’s right though, mama’s always right.

It’s now about 10:30am and I’m almost ready to leave. 

“Amethyst, come on. Mom said to hurry up or we’ll be late.” Topaz shouted from the bottom of the staircase.

“Alright alright. I’m coming.” I shouted back to her.” Sheesh, always rushing me.” I mumbled to myself.

I’m about to jet out of my room but just before I do I look in my mirror and put on my lip gloss.

*Smack smack* 

You did it Amethyst. You made it to graduation. Today’s the day where everything you worked toward pays off.

*Beep beep*

“Let’s go honey. I love you but I swear I will drag you out of that house by your hair if you don’t come on.” Threaten mommy.

I gave myself one more look in the mirror, smiled and then headed out. But not before I grabbed the Chrysalis of course and put it into my purse.

“Finally! Geez it’s hot in here.” Whined Onyx.

“Wah wah wah, cry baby. I’m here so stop complaining.” I said arguably while Onyx pouted some more.

“Next stop my baby’s graduation.” Mommy started the car. Then she turned to me and held me. Onyx and Topaz moaned and unbuckled their seat belts because they knew we were gonna be here for a while.