Chapter 8: Day 3 Begins! (Friday)

Hmm, Terrific Ice-cream. I'll stop in for lick. Just one.

"Can I help the next customer?" the employee ask.

“Yeah, can I get an order of the chocolate supreme…with extra chocolate chips?”

"Coming right up little lady," he tells me. He turns his head to his co-workers then shouts, "one chocolate supreme with extra chocolate chips." 

"What size would you like?"

"Hmm…medium? Yep, i'm feeling medium today. Oh and in a cone. I only have one free hand."

"Alrighty, one medium in a cone." Next he punches my total into the machine and tells me, "that would be $8.50 miss."

"Ok."

I set down my moms dry cleaned clothes on top of the counter then pulled out my wallet to pay the cashier. He smiles at me takes my money and hands me a receipt.

One of the ice-cream scooper employees hands me my chocolate on a cone then tells me, "have a terrific day."

"Thank you," I say, then smile and head to leave.

I have my ice-cream in my right hand and my moms clothes in the left. And as I'm leaving I squeeze between two tables with kids sitting at them. I raise my left hand up high so it would bump anyone in the head and walk sideways. One of the girls' at one of the tables tries to pull her chair in without getting up but OI still had to shimmy myself through. As I finally pass her I stumble a bit because my flip flop gets caught underneath the girls' chairs and I trip.

"Are you alright?"

I look up and a guy catches me. I still have my moms dry cleaners in my hands but when I look over my ice-cream is on the floor with only the empty cone in my hand.

"Yes. Thank you. Nice catch." I put the clothes on a clean table close to me then toss my ice-cream in the garbage bin next to the table and begin wiping my hands with the napkins on the table.

"I'm so sorry I bumped into you. It was just a tight squeeze and…and…(smiles)…I'm just sorry."

"It's ok. There's no need to apologize but um, may I buy you another cone," the gentleman asks.

I finish wiping my hands then turn my body over to the guy. "No that's not necessary I'll - hey, wait a minute, you're the guy from the beach. D-D-Damian right?"

"Right? And you were Reenee?"

"No, I'm Amethyst. Reenee was the tall, loud one. She's my best friend."

"Right? Of course."

Another guy walks through the ice-cream shops doors and it's Damian's friend from the beach. He notices Damian and I talking so he comes over and inserts himself in the conversation. "Hey, it's the pretty girl from the beach. What's up? I never thought I'd see you again."

"Hi, uh, Shaynen?"

"You got it," he adds.

"What's going on with you?" he asks me.

But Damian hijacks our conversion. 

"Well you see Shaynen, Amethyst here bumped into me and drops her cone. I offered to buy her another buy she refuses so I was just about to propose she come join us at a club tonight. You know to make it up to me for bumping into me."

Wait! What? Is he hitting on me?

"Well I think that is fair. It's the least you could do. Don't you think so Amethyst?" Shaynen asks me. He was leaning on  the table with my mom's suit and his face was staring directly at mine. He was so close to my face. That's when I thought this really happening right now? Ate there really, two hot guys in my face asking me to come with them to a club. On the inside I was thinking yes yes yes, a thousand times yes. But in reality I kept my cool and decided to play it flirtatiously.

I look around and bat my eye lashes. "That sounds amazing but I don't really know you two. How do I know I can trust you two and just because you're a pretty face."

"So you think were pretty?" Damian says teasingly.

"I'm just stating the obvious," I say.

Shaynen laughs and says, "Yo D, I like her. She's cute and funny. You can even bring your friends if you want. Until you warm up to us."

"So what do you say? You wanna come out with us tonight?" Damian says. 

"I promise we'll be the perfect gentleman, " Shaynen adds taking my hand then kissing it.

Then I just look at them both like they're ureal. 

"How's about this, I take down your number. I text you a time and if you text back we'll party and if you don't I promise to never bother you again." This was Damian's ultimatum.

His offer sounds fair so I said, "I think I can give you a test run."

He smiles then takes down my number. Next I  grab my moms dry cleaners, wave goodbye then head out of the store with a new ice-cream cone that Damian bought me. The one-armed janitor glares at me while he cleans up the mess.

The moment I walk outside licking my new ice-cream cone my phone rings. So I set the suit on top of a parking meter and saw that it was a message from Damian. He says he'll pick me up at 8. I smile brightly to myself then text back, ok

Once I start moving again I notice something strange. On ever single pole, tree and electrical wood pole I saw a poster that read, "your time is up, day 3 is here."