Chapter 13: What's Next? Part 1 (Saturday)

Chapter 13: What's Next? Part 1 (Sunday)

"So your sure your alright Reenee?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. But my mom is spazzing out again, over nothing."

"What do you mean over nothing. I couldn't get a hold of you for a whole day and you ditched me at the party, plus you didn't even tell your mom where you were going. You could of just said you were with me and she wouldn't have called me so many times worrying about you.

"Oh please Amethyst. I can't believe you fall for that act every time. My mom isn't worried that I was missing or in trouble, she was just worried what everyone at church would say; and what they would think about her eldest daughter never attending church and going to wild parties and stuff."

"But you don't ever attend church and you do go to wild parties and stuff."

"That's not the point. If she really was worried than she would of put out a police report or something. You know, go the extra mile to find her so call precious daughter. If it were Csonia, she would of jump all over that."

"Ugh, not this again Reenee. Your mom does not favor your little sister over you. We've been over this multiple times. She does not…Reenee? Reenee? Are you still there?"

"Yeah sorry, my mom is just calling me. I didn't know being grounded for skipping church yesterday morning and not coming home friday night would result in no phone. "

"You deserve it. You scared me too. Please try not to bail out on me to go over to some guys beach house again. Especially when were out together, ok."

"Alright mom, but I wasn't alone. There were others there too and I knew you wouldn't come so that's why I left Amethyst."

"Your right, I wouldn't because that's insane. We're not college students we shouldn't be going buck wild, at least not of yet." I laugh.

"Yeah mom I'm getting off," Reenee yells into the phone. "Bye Am, big brother's on the loose."

"Alright, see ya when you get off of punishment, Tom Saywer."

"Sure when ever that is," Reenee says hanging upas I follow.

I'm glad that Reenee is safe but I still feel like things aren't completely safe for her. But on another note, I know what I have to do today; and that's to find that mystery girl from yesterday. But I think I should bring some extra muscle, just in case things get messy. 

But before I leave I decide I need some breakfast. So I hop to it down the stairs to get late breakfast, and I find that my family's all downstairs. As usually Onyx is with his nerdy friends playing video games on the big screen  in the living room. And not out-of-the-norm Topez, is sitting in front of the fan like poised zombie. My mom is in the kitchen making herself lunch. 

"Hi mommy. Good morning." I give her a kiss on the cheek then head for a bowl and spoon.

"Don't you mean good afternoon. It's after one," she says picking up a newspaper from the counter.

"Potato, potaato." I rinse out the bowl then go get cereal and milk.

"You know sweetie, this is a pretty special town. Even though it's big, it's almost like a small town sometimes, word gets around."

I'm leaning on the counter barley listening to my mom eating my bowl of fruit loops. "Yeah, I guess so." I start smiling because fruit loops are my absolute favorite and how could I still be worried about anything when I'm eating my favorite food. 

"And sometimes when something big happens people gossip or it gets put in the newspaper." My moms voice is getting animated and stern.

"What are you talking about Mommy?"