Chapter 4: And Then The Day-Dream Began! (Saturday)

"What! It's after two!" I yelled jumping out of bed. "Ahh. My whole day is wasted." I rushed into the bathroom to get washed up. I looked into the mirror rubbing my eyes and checking for sleep in my eyes. I leaned over the bathroom in a sigh thinking about last night because I just remembered that I am still in great pain. My arms, legs, head, neck and back were all throbbing as I tried to stretch each body part. That girl really did a number on me.

I got undressed and dove myself into a freshly made warm bath.

"Ahh." 

I let the soothing heat soak in my aching bones. It was so nice and peaceful I began to drift after a couple of minutes. I let my eyes close and release my mind from all bad thoughts. I picture a nice grassy plain filled with thousands of flowers. Butterflies fluttering about while mama birds sing lovely tunes in their nest to their young ones. I let most of my face sink into the tub with my lips and nose just above the level of the water so I could breath. I was a peace.

"You have to get out here. You shouldn't be here. Leave now," shouts a voice attached to a distorted image of a face.

I immediately shriek and jump up from the tub. I quickly opened the shower curtain and frantically search the entire bathroom with my eyes but their was no one there. I was panting and throughly confuse. There was absolutely no one in the bathroom but I know I just heard someone speak and I know I saw a face. I thought maybe I saw a ghost but I quickly ruled that out since I've been living here all my life and their were never any previous signs. I ruled out the twibles because I couldn't explain why or how they could get in and out of the bathroom so fast.

I sat in the tub for a few seconds longer than I practically jumped out of the tube and ran into my room.I got dressed then went downstairs for breakfast. My sister and brother were already downstairs. My sister Topaz was sitting in a chair by the AC looking as if she was in a trance. My brother Onyx was entertaining his geeky friends. I call them Thing 1 and Thing 2. Whenever their not hitting on Topaz their hitting on me as if they had a chance.

"Did you have a fun night out?" Topaz ask barley moving an inch.

"Yeah. As much fun as a Cassandra Cavera party could be," I respond.

"Really. Must of been because I heard it was hot. Real hot. Almost scorching."

I froze up and got suspicious of Topaz's choice of words. I stammered, "Y-y-yeah? Where'd you hear that. Actually it wasn't that much fun. it was ok." I sunk my head low into my bowl and slurped my cereal loudly.

"You know, I know you didn't like this Cassandra character, but did you really have to burn her house down. That's bad even for you sis."

I freaked. "What, I didn't burn her house down. Where'd you hear that?"

Topaz still remained unchanged in body language. "Take a chill pill, I was just kidding but her house was on the news this morning. You're lucky I changed the channel before mom saw. Or else she'd never let you leave the house ever again."

"What!"

I thought to myself. The news? Man, I hope no one mentions me and the fight just before the explosion; and I hope none finds out what we were fighting over because that would look real bad. What, why am I being so selfish. What about Siarra? Is she dead? Did she get out of the way in time or did someone go back for her. I knew the probable answers to these questions, I just didn't want to believe any of them.

"Thanks Topez." I quickly run upstairs to my room.

"That's what little sisters are for I guess. And my name is Topaz, Toe...pazz with an "A" not an "E"," she annunciated. "Just because you have personal problems with short A's doesn't mean you have to pronounce my name wrong Amethyst."