Chapter 9: Preparation for Party Games! (Friday)

    “Amethyst! You're finally here.” Melinda gave me the hugest and tightest hug I’ve ever gotten from her. “ I’m going to miss you so much,” she adds.

    I smile as she lets me go. “Me too. So why do you guys have to go without us again? Reenee and I promise to stay out of your hair when you and Detweiler get you know…all snuggly and romantic like.” I give her the eyebrow look.

    She playfully pushes my arm. “Whatever. I really want you guys to come but we need this. We need some time to just be together. No pressure, no family, no problems, no stress. Just us working on being together in an actual relationship.”

    “Yeah because god only knows you two deserve it,” Reenee adds slouching on the couch.

    “Er hem.” I stare hard at Detwiler.

    “What?” he ask.

    “Don’t I get a hug from you too? Or are you not going to miss me, not even a little bit.”

    "Ok, ok." Detwiler rushes over to me, picks me up, and spins me around giving me a headache. "Of course I'm going to miss you." He put me down then puckers up his lips to kiss me. "I'm gonna miss you sooo much. Muah muah muah."

    "Eww no. You've been kissing up on another woman."

    "How about me, it's been a whole day since I saw you." Reenee gets her lazy butt off of Melinda's couch and joins in Detwiler's kissing attack.

    "Muah muh mush," she says.

    "No. No. No. Eww." I try to fight them off but they insist on kissing me. I eventually end up on the floor defending my face from being kissed.

    "Are you three done? I still have a few more bags that need to be put in the car, if you all don't mine and I would like some help."

    They finally stop attacking me with their lips because booth Reenee and Detwiler finally kisses me on both cheeks. I wipe it off and call them, "weirdos."

    I then see Reenee and Melinda try to do the same to Melinda. She stays serious fort a few seconds but then she plays along trying not to get a kiss from them two.

    I join in in the attack and the four of us have a moment.

    It's crazy to think Detwiler and Melinda are taking their relationship to the next level. There not moving in together yet but their going on vacation to california. Away from their crazy families.

     Melinda’s family is consists of just her and her mom. Her dad left when she was 5; and to make matters worse it was on her first day of kindergarten. He took her to school, kisses her on her forehead, says I love you, hugs her then just never came back.

    It took Melinda forever to realized that her daddy was never coming back, almost a year to be exact. Her mom tried to tell her a million times but she never got it until one day her mom snaps and yells at Melinda to stop asking her about her father.

    Ever since that day Melinda and her mom has never been the same. Her mom could never keep a job. She soon became a grouchy woman. There was this one time when Melinda was 8, she got addicted to her prescription pills. She almost lost her daughter that day because it caught on fire and Melinda and her mother were still inside the house. Her mother overdosed and was completely knocked out.

    But luckily my mom, Reenee’s parents and Detweiler's parents all ban together to convince the judge that this was a one-time thing and it’d never happen again. She agreed to get some counseling and it never did. That was the first and last day Melinda's mom ever overdosed.