Chapter 1

Calum P.O.V.

"C'mon Spence! My dad just finished our tree house for us!"

"Okay! So where am I supposed to put my stuff?" Spencer was sleeping over today for my 10th birthday. She was my only friend,and that kinda sucked.

"We can sleep in the tree house, I already put some air mattresses up there."

"Kay! I'm right behind you Cal!" That night we played many board games, shared secrets, and told stories.

Spencer always thought that wishes always came true at 11:11. She made us stay up way past our bedtime, just so that she can have a wish. It's stupid, I know.

"Make a wish Cal."

"Why, its not like it'll ever come true Spencer."

"You'll never know if you don't try."

---

"Hi Calum!"

"Hey Cal!"

"Hoping to see you at my party tonight Calum!" These were the usual stuff that people said to me. Either that, or they just wanted a hook up. I was popular, everyone knew me. It was one of the goals in my life, my wish, and it finally came true.

That night with Spencer was the last time that we had a full conversation. The next day I had made my school's soccer team and was instantly apart of the "it crowd".

I was living the dream. I had all the girls drooling over me, universities waiting for me to pick them, and was the star player on my school's soccer team. I was the main attraction.

Spencer and I slowly started to drift apart. She wasn't meant to be in the it crowd. She was the quiet bookworm, the one that you'll always find in the library. She had straight A's and was the teacher's pet.

To her, I was invisible. But, to others she was the one who was invisible, and i wanted to change that.