Chapter 5

yooo i decided that i wanted spencer to be a poc soooo yea

Spencer P.O.V.

"Pssttt. Psstttt. Hey Spencer." Calum said. I absolutely hated my seat. I complained about it to Ms. Youngett, but she said that she didn't see a problem with it.

"Spencer, I know you hear me."

"Calum, you're disrupting my learning. So please, shut up."

"If doodling in your notebook book means learning, then I should be getting an easy A in this class." he replied with a smirk. I shut my notebook and turned towards Calum, hoping that he could see the hatred in my eyes.

"What part of shut up don't you understand?"

"Hmmm, how all about all of it. So did you hear the news?"

"If it's not about you finally shutting up, then no."

"Well Spencer, you're in for a real treat. My mom invited you guys over for dinner, and you parents already accepted the invitation." he said. The bell rang and everyone quickly rose up, grabbing their stuff before hurrying over to the door.

"See you later babe." he called out giving me a quick wink before leaving me alone.

---

"Mom, I don't feel good." I yelled once I walked through my front door.

"What do you mean?"

"I just feel like I'm going to throw up. Can I please stay home and not go to the dinner at the Hood's?"

"And how do you know about that? I don't remember telling you about it."

"That's because you didn't Mom, Calum did."

"I thought you two weren't friends."

"We're not. So can I just stay home?"

"Nope, you're coming with us. Go get ready." she said.

"You can't ignore him forever!" she called after me. I stomped up the stairs and went into my bedroom. I flopped face first onto my bed, screaming into my comforter.

"Spencer, we're leaving in 5 minutes, you better be ready!" my father called from the kitchen. I pushed myself off of my bed and ran to my closet. I flicked through my dresses until I found my black bodycon dress. I took off my pants and shirt and slipped on my dress.

I was already wearing makeup because of school so I slipped on my black combat boots and grabbed my phone. I walked down the stairs and waited at the front door for my parents.

When my dad was sure that everything was locked up, we walked across the street. I really hope that something happened to Calum on his way home from school so that I wouldn't have to see him.

My mother knocked on the door and talked to my father about the Mrs.Hood's flower garden and how we should have one. I raised my hand to knock when the door swung open revealing the one person that I've been avoiding.

"Why hello Spencer, Mr. and Mrs. Hastings. Come on in."