Chapter 7

spencer p.o.v

I instantly regretted what I said once again when I saw the look on Calum's face. I grabbed the plate from his hands and washed it, setting it in dishrack once I was done.

I turned around to see Calum standing there, watching my every move.

"Do you need anything Calum?"

"Cal, what happened to you always calling me Cal?"

"Things change. People grow up, move on, forget things, and replace them."

"So am I replaced then?" he asked with tears in his eyes.

"Why do you care Calum. All this time you've been ignoring me, but now all of a sudden you want me back? You can't just drop people and expect them to come back!"

"I know, I don't even know why I let you go. But, please give me a chance. I really miss you Spencer, really." he said, his voice cracking on the last word. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him. I don't know why I did it, maybe because I was still used to comforting him.

Calum tensed before slowly wrapping his arms around me. He rested his head on the crook of my shoulder and I felt tears drop.

We stood there rocking back and forth until he finally stopped crying.

---

After his mini breakdown, Calum and I went outside to join our family in the backyard. It was just like the good ole days, we eat dinner, clean dishes, and then have the family bonfire in the backyard.

When we were closer to them, Mali motioned me over to sit by her. She slightly scooted over so that there was only enough room for me. Calum had to sit in between his parents.

"So what happened with you two? The tension in the air is so thick." Mali asked.

"To be completely honest, I don't really know what went wrong. One day we were the best of friends and the next day we were completely strangers, literally."

"He just dropped you out of nowhere?"

"Yup. I got replaced by some jerks. He didn't see me crying about it though. But he thinks he can get upset when I finally get a new friend and run back to me. I don't even know what to do Mali."

"What were you guys talking about when you were in the kitchen?"

"Well I feel like he was trying to make small talk, but I offended him. Then he got upset over me not calling him Cal anymore. Like dude, we haven't talked for years.Then he broke down and I believe he wants to be friends again. But should I forgive him or not?"

"I don't think that you should give him another chance. But, it depends on you. I know that you guys used to be very close. It must've had some kind of an affect on you somehow." she said, standing up. She extended her hand towards me to help me up.

We walked side-by-side back into the house, Calum closely trailing behind us. I grabbed my coat off of the rack by the door and waited for my parents to come.

I watched Calum grab a sheet of paper along with a pen and started to write on it. My parents came to the door with leftovers in their arms. Joy and David gave each of us a hug, along with Mali. The Hoods are huggers.

My parent walked out of the house first. I went to follow them when I felt a strong grip pull me back.

"Here, please read it Spencer. I do miss you, honestly." Calum said. He pulled me into a hug, but it only lasted a couple of seconds before he let go.

"See you later Spence."